PDA

View Full Version : Two devices: how to upgrade firmware on BOTH

Mike_SF
07-25-2013, 04:46 PM
I have two identical DisplayLink devices, one per location.

I noticed that at the last install of the new software, the device then attached got a firmware update, and all is working fine.

I am not in the other location, and when I plugged it in there was no firmware update -- it just turned on but WITOUT audio (audio always worked).

I presumed a firmware update would fix it, but whenever I launch the install program I get some message saying that I already have the latest version of the software installed. Great, that's true, but not the latest firmware (on this device).

Please help.

Wim
07-31-2013, 11:30 AM
The DisplayLink software on the PC or Mac will always check the version of FW in the DisplayLink chip in the device and update it if necessary. There is nothing for the user to do here.

Wim

Mike_SF
07-31-2013, 04:06 PM
The DisplayLink software on the PC or Mac will always check the version of FW in the DisplayLink chip in the device and update it if necessary. There is nothing for the user to do here.

WimThanks Tim.

The unit must have gone bad on me and is unrelated. Grrr.

Mike_SF
08-20-2013, 05:47 PM
The unit must have gone bad on me.I confirm that the unit, a Lenovo ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock, went bad.

Apparently these things are very unreliable; thankfully Lenovo support was outstanding and got a replacement shipped overnight at their expense (warranty).

AbbotAngus
09-26-2013, 05:48 AM
The DisplayLink application will always examine the edition of the version in the DisplayLink processor in the product and upgrade it if necessary or you may also save it to the automatic updates mode and in such case the upgrade will start automatically.