PDA

View Full Version : Lenovo LT1421 Shows Blank Screen on Mac

gyoong2
06-15-2013, 03:16 AM
Hi,

I've installed the latest DisplayLink driver (2.0) on my Macbook Pro (ML 10.8.4) but no image is appearing on my Lenovo LT1421. I've attached the logs from the diagnostics tool. I can see the LED turned on but the screen remains blank. Testing the same monitor on a Windows machine works. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gyoong2
06-15-2013, 03:22 AM
Attaching more logs from diagnostic tool.

EddieMa
06-25-2013, 10:16 PM
Oh hey! Now I can understand why you asked me what version of ML I was using. Yes, it's the same version and I'm using the latest drivers.

Edit: Just re-read your post, hmm ... so the monitors are working -- any chance you'd be willing to make a fresh install of your OS on your mac?

Abu
06-27-2013, 05:19 PM
I have the exact same problem.

Tested the screen on another mac (where display driver have not been installed on before) and it worked fine after the drivers were installed.

Tried reinstalling the drivers on my on mac, no luck.

The LED for mine turns on as well but only "standby LED".

So I am following this thread as well, hoping someone could help. It seems like we are not the only ones. So far, of newer threads, I found this one and another one regarding the this issue. So together with my thread it brings it to a total of three threads with the problem so far on 5 different macs running the same version of OS X. Could there be an issue with the Displaylink software and OS X 10.8.4?

Link to my thread (with more data on my system, log and so on):
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?p=69997

Other thread on the same issue i mentioned (he has the problem on three macs + another guy in the thread with one mac):
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?p=69998

*EDIT:
Just remembered that the other macbook I tested my screen on had 10.8.4 installed (and was actually totally identical), so maybe it is not 10.8.4 after all?

ChristianP
07-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Looking at your logs, it looks like something went wrong in installing the driver.
The kernel extension is correctly installed, but the DisplayLink processes seem not running.
Could you please check the following files are installed:
/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/DisplayLink/DisplayLinkManager
/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/DisplayLink/DisplayLinkUserAgent

and

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.displaylink.displaylinkmanager.plist
/Library/LaunchAgents/com.displaylink.useragent.plist
?
If one of these files are not installed, I would suggest to run the uninstaller, repair disk permissions using Disk Utility and then reinstall the DisplayLink driver. It should help also in case these files are there, maybe there are permission issues.

rlutwak
08-09-2013, 11:58 AM
I think that I have the same problem as the other posters. I have a brand new MacBook Air 13" running OsX 10.8.4 and just purchased a USB3.0-DVI adapter from StarTech (USB32DVI). I installed the latest 2.0 drivers from DisplayLink but there is no sign of anything appearing on the screen or in System Preferences.
I've run the Disk Utility permissions fix and reinstalled the drivers.
I have confirmed the existence of the Displaylink files in /Library and also the existence of the daemon in ps:
new-host-4:LaunchAgents rlutwak$ ps
PID TTY TIME CMD
282 ttys000 0:00.02 -bash
new-host-4:LaunchAgents rlutwak$ ps ax | grep Display
75 ?? Ss 0:02.55 /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/DisplayLink/DisplayLinkManager
230 ?? S 0:04.73 /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/DisplayLink/DisplayLinkUserAgent
294 s000 S+ 0:00.00 grep Display

How do I know that my hardware isn't defective?

shockwave562
08-10-2013, 04:53 PM
I think that I have the same problem as the other posters. I have a brand new MacBook Air 13" running OsX 10.8.4 and just purchased a USB3.0-DVI adapter from StarTech (USB32DVI). I installed the latest 2.0 drivers from DisplayLink but there is no sign of anything appearing on the screen or in System Preferences.
I have confirmed the existence of the Displaylink files in /Library and also the existence of the daemon in ps:
PID TTY TIME CMD
230 ?? S 0:04.73 /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/DisplayLink/DisplayLinkUserAgent

I think you're in the same boat I am. My screen has been blank ever since I installed MAC OSX 10.8.4. I've tried several HP monitors and I've even tried two different HP Display link adapters with no luck on my Mac. Both work fine on Windows, blank screen on Mac.

shockwave562
08-10-2013, 05:16 PM
PID TTY TIME CMD

Great news! I may found the fix here for you if you're running 10.8.4:

http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?p=70705#post70705

Basically go in to disk utility and click repair permissions on your HDD, restart, and you should be good to go.