PDA

View Full Version : Targus 2.0 ethernet not working

rogeroi
06-05-2013, 08:56 PM
When I plug in the Targus 2.0 docking stations Ethernet cable and try to go on the internet every webpage displays as random symbols/letters. If I plug the Ethernet directly into the laptop it works fine. I've tried uninstalling the display link software and re-installing it with no luck. I made sure that the drivers where the latest ones from Targus website.

I've attached the DisplayLink support files that it gathered. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

rogeroi
06-05-2013, 09:08 PM
I've also attached an image of what the browser does and if I try google it just never loads. Side note, I am able to ping google.com from command prompt and get a response back.

One other thing, I've also tried 3 different Targus 2.0 docking stations and continue to have this problem with all 3, one being the one used and 2 are brand new out of the box.

Thanks again.

JamesH
06-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Hi,

I've not seen this before - is it browser specific?

The ethernet part in the Targus USB 2.0 dock is not a DisplayLink part so if this persists I'd contact Targus for support.

Thanks,
James

TargusLevel3
06-18-2013, 01:00 AM
Greetings,

Have you tried the driver at http://www.targus.com/us/download.aspx?regionid=7&sku=ACP51USZ&PageName=Docking Stations by Targus USA&productCategoryId=13 ?

Kevin