PDA

View Full Version : ASUS USB 3.0 HNZ-1 Docking Station

amoedo
06-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Hello

I've been using 2 screens connected to the Asus USB 3.0 HNZ-1 docking station for a month. First with an HP Laptop and now with a Lenovo X1 Carbon Touch running Windows 8. They have been working more or less ok, except when I tried to extend the desktop to 3 monitors (including the laptop) where I had some issues. However, this morning after switching on the laptop I've got an error message saying USB Device Not Recognized and the Displays wouldn't work, the rest of the USB hub and devices connected seemed to work. I've power off everything and unplugged the laptop and the power up again and the message disappear but the DisplayLink is not being recognized. I've tested the screens directly and they work fine. I've tried to update the drivers, uninstall and install again the Displaylink Core software, and check that everything is running (services and so on) but the computer won't find the Displaylink anymore.

I've plugged it on two different laptops with the same result. I am now tempted to believe that this is a Hardware fault, and I need to get back to Asus to replace it. However, if someone has seen this before please let me know how you have fixed it.

Attached the Diag tool information

Thanks

Wim
06-04-2013, 03:17 PM
"USB Device Not Recognised" is a message from Windows to say I cannot work out what the heck this USB device is that you have connected.

It means Windows doesn't know which driver to load. This is not a software problem. It will be a problem with the hardware and you will have to contact the product vendor.

Wim

amoedo
06-04-2013, 03:56 PM
Thanks Wim. I am 99% sure is HW problem, more over, now I don't even see the HW not recognized message, it is just not finding the Display port so there has to be something wrong with the HW.

Thanks for your help

noname
09-25-2014, 02:03 PM
Thanks Wim. I am 99% sure is HW problem, more over, now I don't even see the HW not recognized message, it is just not finding the Display port so there has to be something wrong with the HW.

Thanks for your help

This entry is aged however, I wonder if you were able to fix or came to a firm conclusion. I just ran into an issue showing the same symptoms. Sometimes, unknown USB is showing sometime not but either way, I cannot switch to the external display anymore and althrough the display link is running the task icon is not showing allowing me to switch. The other interfaces like USB or Ethernet doe not seem to be affected. Completely removing the driver, cleaning installation, installing latest drivers, using another USB Port did not fix the issue.

If you came across a solution I would be interessted to hear it.