PDA

View Full Version : lenovo usb 3.0 dock ethernet issues

kafox
05-31-2013, 08:29 PM
I am having trouble with a lenovo X1 Carbon and the lenovo usb 3.0 dock's Ethernet. We have deployed many of these setups in the past and have had little to no issues up until this point.

For this set up I installed the newest drivers from lenovo's website(v10708), which I believe include the latest DisplayLink drivers. After installing the drivers and connecting and powering on the dock, everything seemed to set up fine except the Lenovo USB Ethernet NCM seemed to fail to install. I restarted the computer and looked under manage adapter settings in network and sharing center and it shows the adapter as installed, but said a network cable was unplugged. I checked the cable on both ends and it seemed fine but I unplugged and plugged it back in and magically the ethernet connected almost instantly and began working. This would be a perfectly fine fix except it requires you to do this(or disable/re-enable the adapter) each and every time you boot the computer.

I'm considering uninstalling the drivers and installing the older version that we have been using. Any other ideas before I do this?

Thanks

JamesH
06-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Hi,

Can you check if the driver version of the Lenovo USB Ethernet NCM is the same when the issue occurs and just after you disable/re-enable the adapter?

Thanks,
James

jct1230
11-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Hello,

I recently upgraded my Lenovo Thinkpad Carbon Touch to Windows 8.1. I did not install the updated drivers for the Thinkpad USB 3.0 Dock beforehand but have now installed 7.4_M2.

My monitors, keyboard and mouse that are connected through the dock all work, but I cannot get the Ethernet via USB to work.

Under device manager, Lenovo USB Ethernet is populated under Other devices and I am unable to get a working driver for it. I have installed and uninstalled the 7.4_M2 package several times, and enabled and disabled the Lenovo USB Ethernet, attempted to Update the Driver, but nothing works. Here is what is in the information tab under Events for the device:

"Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service dlcdcncm6_x64 for Device Instance ID USB\VID_17E9&PID_4302&MI_05\8&1024E215&1&0005 with the following status: 0."

Is there a driver that I can install to get this to work properly?

Thanks,
Joel

nfbcarabao
11-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Hi I'm sufferung the same problems as joel. Please help.
I updated my docking station with the newest version. My Lenovo X1 Carbon doesnt recognize the ethernet connection, only WiFi.

Thank you for the support

JamesH
11-14-2013, 03:30 PM
Hi folks,

Can you attach logs from this tool so I can take a look?
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269
Please be sure to select "Advanced Logging"

It's possible it's trying to use the wrong driver.

Can you try these steps?

Right click on USB Ethernet device in device manager
Select Update Driver
Select Browse my computer for driver software
Select Browse
Enter C:\Program Files\DisplayLink Core Software\CdcNcmDriver\Ndis6.2.Hck81\
Check Include subfolders
Select Next

Thanks,
James

jct1230
11-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Hi James,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I was able to install the logging tool and enable advanced logging.

I was able to go into my device manager and update the driver for the USB Ethernet using the path that you specified. I then restarted my computer and the USB Ethernet was working! I ran the logging tool again and have attached both logs.

Now the problem is that when connected via USB Ethernet, my computer is only able to connect to a few websites and will not connect to others. For example I can connect to google.com but I am unable to connect to displaylink.org/forum. I am able to ping many sites that I am unable to pull up in my browser. Is there a solution so that I can browse to all websites using the adapter?

Joel

picard09
11-15-2013, 06:15 AM
Hi,

as former users wrote I am affected as well as some of my colleagues as well.

After deinstallation, rebooting, cleaning the installation (with your tool), rebooting, reinstalling and rebooting, the ethernet usb device at the docking (thinkpad port replicator 3.0) keeps quiet.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards
Picard

Kite
11-18-2013, 06:24 AM
Hi Picard09, I too have had problems with the ethernet interface, in the network connections panel indicated that the cable was disconnected (needless to say that the cable was functioning and regularly connected).
I solved it by setting the speed manually instead of letting the auto-negotiation: Control Panel> Device Manager> Network Adapters> DisplayLink Ethernet> Advanced> Speed ​​& Duplex = select your speed

sdebellis
11-21-2013, 03:39 PM
Hi Picard09, I too have had problems with the ethernet interface, in the network connections panel indicated that the cable was disconnected (needless to say that the cable was functioning and regularly connected).
I solved it by setting the speed manually instead of letting the auto-negotiation: Control Panel> Device Manager> Network Adapters> DisplayLink Ethernet> Advanced> Speed ​​& Duplex = select your speed

Wow this worked. It's amazing that tech support couldn't figure this out, and I cannot believe I didn't try this. THANK YOU!