PDA

View Full Version : Can't take screenshot of DL monitor

dcoulson
01-23-2011, 07:05 PM
When I do Cmd-Shift-3 on my Mac Mini, OS X will take a screenshot of my primary display on mDP and my secondary on mDVI as two separate files on the desktop. it does not take a screenshot of my DL attached display.

I can use Cmd-Shift-4 + space to take a screenshot of the DL display or specific windows on it.

Is OS X not taking a screnshot of the DL screen with the other two a bug or a limitation of the driver on OS X?

forza
01-24-2011, 07:34 AM
Sadly, a known issue. Screenshot facility hasn't worked since day one.

When I do Cmd-Shift-3 on my Mac Mini, OS X will take a screenshot of my primary display on mDP and my secondary on mDVI as two separate files on the desktop. it does not take a screenshot of my DL attached display.

I can use Cmd-Shift-4 + space to take a screenshot of the DL display or specific windows on it.

Is OS X not taking a screnshot of the DL screen with the other two a bug or a limitation of the driver on OS X?

displaylinker
02-10-2011, 06:20 AM
very disappointed about this as well. Wonder what the limitation is?? Should I give up hope?

MCV
02-12-2011, 03:04 AM
very disappointed about this as well. Wonder what the limitation is?? Should I give up hope?

You should give up hope. DisplayLink surely has. In a way, though, you can't really blame them -- Apple isn't helping with these issues at all and it has to be majorly frustrating. Look over on the Windows side and see how things are going. Big difference. I love my Mac(s) but this is the kind of thing that pisses me off. Apple didn't make it so they don't give a shit about it. Sad, really...