PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 x64 BSOD after install

rainchill
05-18-2013, 12:19 AM
Hello,

Since I got my new Lenovo T430s with Windows 7 x64 Enterprise edition I have been unable to use my UV Plus 39 since after installing the three most recent driver verisons including 7.2M1 I always get a BSOD stop 0x00000007 error on boot before GUI mode starts. Interestingly enough when I install the software I can connect the device and use it till the next reboot.

Is there anything that can be done about this? The patch notes indicate a BSOD on reboot has been fixed but apparently not.

To get my computer back I have to boot to safe mode and either disable the drivers from loading using auto runs and/or uninstall the software both of which preclude me from using the device.

Finally, I've tested the adapter on a desktop workstation and have never had any problems with it so it would seem that the unit and cable are good and both computers are utilizing USB3.

Thanks for your help.

Wim
05-18-2013, 09:35 AM
Can you check if you have any other USB graphics software installed, eg from SMSC or from MCT (could be Magic Control Technology). These can be incompatible with DisplayLink and cause the issue you are seeing on boot.

If this is not the issue, if there any way you can get the dmp file caused by the blue screen from c:\windows\minidump and post it here, so we can see the file causing the blue screen.

Thanks

Wim

rainchill
05-20-2013, 09:56 PM
My laptop is configured to create a kernel memory dump in %SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP but it's not there when I boot into safe mode after the crash.

Attached is a picture of the BSOD. I don't have either of the programs installed that you referenced.

rainchill
05-23-2013, 12:50 AM
I spend some more time today attempting to get my computer to generate a kernel memory dump or a small dump file. Every time the BSOD states that it is created but then it isn't there when I get back into windows. Have you had any luck with the BSOD screenshot I attached to my previous post?

JamesH
05-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Hi,

Nothing I can take from the screen shot I'm afraid.

Can you run through the troubleshooting guide here:
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=896

If the issue persists please post the DisplayLink logs.

Thanks,
James

rainchill
05-29-2013, 12:32 AM
The support file is attached. It probably won't include anything about a BSOD since I haven't rebooted my laptop since installing the driver.

JamesH
05-29-2013, 10:47 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the logs - from event viewer can you post the most recent occurence of the BSOD?

Select Start | Run | type in Event Viewer and hit Enter
One of the entries under Windows Logs should contain the details of the BSOD.

According to the stop code in your screen shot this could be related to anti-virus software but it's not a certainty.

Thanks,
James

rainchill
05-29-2013, 05:19 PM
Here is a screenshot of the event. There really isn't too much helpful there.

rainchill
07-17-2013, 06:33 PM
This same issue still occurs in 7.3M0

JamesH
07-19-2013, 01:17 PM
Hi,

I really need a dump file to analyse this issue.

Please run the support as soon as you login after the BSOD.

Thanks,
James

rainchill
07-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Here is a log bundle run from Safe Mode immediately after a boot up BSOD.

JamesH
07-29-2013, 12:07 PM
Hi,

Can you upgrade your Intel USB 3.0 host controller driver to this one:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=21129

Thanks,
James

rainchill
07-31-2013, 11:39 PM
The new driver does appear to have fixed the issue for the time being. Thank you for your help.