PDA

View Full Version : Sabrent USB-2011 not recognized in WIN 8

Chaosny
05-09-2013, 03:45 PM
I purchased Sabrent USB-2011 to connect 3rd Screen to my laptop. I opened, connected , installed latest drivers and boom - it was working great .... for a few days. I am using laptop and I am disconnecting screens each evening when going home. In the morning I am connecting them back. Sabrent stopped working over the night. I didn't do any updates, no new software or drivers were installed. Now 3rd screen is black and sabrent is shown in 'Device Manager' as unknown device. When trying to install drivers it give s me different messages: "Current drivers has been already installed for this device" or message 'with Code 28 - can't find a path to specified drivers' or worst shows blue screen with fatal error: VIDEO.DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR and computer restarts.
I tried to take it to a different computer for test and Sabrent works there, so unit is working ok. I also took another Sabernt USB-2011 and tested on my computer but no luck. I was thinking that maybe USB drivers or chipset drivers are cousing a problem so i updated motherboard, all chipsets and usb driver controllers but no luck. Please help

JamesH
05-14-2013, 07:56 PM
Hi,

Please post the debug logs as described here:
http://displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Do you have the latest graphics drivers installed?

Thanks,
James