PDA

View Full Version : Cant Get DisplayLink USB to DVI adapter to work. Help!

bodieq
04-29-2013, 07:15 PM
DisplayLink Team,

I need help getting my DisplayLink adapter back online. I am totally stumped.

I bought a NewerTech DVI display adapter and it works great. Three weeks ago I tried to install the iPad App Air Display to my setup and it knocked out my DisplayLink monitor. I have contacted them and triple-checked that every trace of that software is off my computer. However, I can't get Displaylink to work at all.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DisplayLink 2.0 drivers multiple times. I have switched USB ports, I have installed the most current drivers, and today I even purchased another model of USB to DVI adapter, but since it uses DisplayLink software it doesn't work. Some kind of software issue is preventing the signal from being sent to the monitor.

I have attached my Log File in hopes that it will give some answers. I am at my wits end. I need your help. All of the product manufacturers say that since it is your software, you are the ones to help.

Please get back to me when you can!

Thanks

B

ChristianP
05-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Looking at your logs it seems that the DisplayLink agent is not running, so we need to investigate if it's correctly installed or if for some reason is crashing.
Could you please list the files in /Library/LaunchAgents/ and check if these 2 files are available:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel com.displaylink.useragent-prelogin.plist
-rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel com.displaylink.useragent.plist

If these files are not installed, it would help if you could run the installer once again and save the Installer log. To save the log, complete the installer wizard and before pressing the Restart button, open the log from menu Window->Installer Log and press Save button on top-right corner.
Could you also please grab your full system profile few seconds after you login in your user session (better with the DisplayLink adapter connected), zip it and post it here?
To get the full system profile, just open the System Information tool (Apple menu->About this Mac->More info->System Report). Check the File menu and select Show more info (or if already selected you should see Show less info) in order to show Logs (as long as other items) under Software category in the left pane. Save the file, using Save..from the File menu.
The full system profile include system logs and crash dumps, so we can check if something is wrong during the DisplayLink agent startup phase.
Thanks

bodieq
05-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the detailed response.

Ok, those files were not in the Launch Agent Folder.

I have attached both the Installer Log, and Full System Profile as requested.

Hopefully these will show what is going on!

Thanks so much. Can't wait to get this working again.

Bodie

ChristianP
05-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Thanks for posting the requested info.
From the installer log it seems that something goes wrong in copying the agent plist files in /Library/LaunchAgents/ directory. It could be a permission issue.
Could you please do the following step:
1) run the DisplayLink uninstaller
2) run DiskUtility, select your system partition and select Repair Disk Permission
3) run the installer

I hope this helps, but before restarting the machine, could you please grab the installer log once again, list the files under /var/tmp/DisplayLink.app/ and post these new info here?
Thanks

bodieq
05-06-2013, 05:17 PM
IT'S BAAAAACKKK!!!

Oh wow, this should not be as exciting as this, but fixing the permissions issue and reinstalling did it. Ahhhhhh...

Thanks so much for your help!!

B