PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Diamond Multimedia (WPCTVPRO VStream)

mgfiest
04-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Hello, I hope someone can help....

Here is my setup:
60" Sharp AQUOS LEDTV connected via HDMI to an Onkyo HT-S5500 7.1-Channel Home Theater. The DIAMOND Multimedia WPCTVPRO VStream Wireless USB PC to TV at 1080P
Bus Type: USB 2.0 using DisplayLink USB Graphics Software for Windows version 7.1M1 is also connected to the Onkyo via HDMI

The Laptop Emachines E725 with Window 7 and all the drivers are up to date. The video display runs at 60mhz

What I have noticed and when I have the Diamond in Duplicate Mod, streaming video on laptops and TV show smooth video. Audio and video are in sync.

When I change Diamond Multimedia to Projector Mod, I do not get the smooth video and the audio and video sometime are not in sync.

I know I have many pieces to connect the streaming from laptop to TV. To just connect to the TV to see if it works is not an option. I want the 5.1 that is Diamond is suppose to deliever.

What I would like to know what can I adjust either on tv or Onkyo to make it work. I got to be missing something.

If the Diamond is using the video characteristic from my laptop then I see the mhz could be the problem. But to my understanding the video should be passing thru the USB transmitter and going straight to the receiver and on my Onkyo the video passes straight thru to the TV.

Thanks

mgfiest
05-14-2013, 06:17 PM
FYI... I found out the Onkyo needed configuring to make it work.