PDA

View Full Version : Docking Station not stable after sleep state

StrikeingNut
04-15-2013, 12:09 PM
After updating to Windows Software 7.2, I have been experience a new issue that is easy for me to reproduce. I have the ACP71USZ that I am using with an Asus ZenBook UX31A running Windows 8. With the DisplayLink 7.0 software, I had some of the common issues others had with display artifacts and Ethernet speed thus the move to the 7.2 software. While the 7.2 software resolved those issues, this new issue seems to be introduced in the 7.2 software.
My experience is this only happens after the Laptop PC has been resumed from a sleep state. To initiate the problem, I have to use my mouse to switch focus to an application one of the two external monitors. This will cause the external monitors that are attached to the Targus dock to start to blink. At the same time, the Ethernet connection loses connections. This will continue as long as the focus is an application on one of the Displaylink connected monitors. Once the focus is set back to the Laptops Screen, the behavior will stabilize until you select an application on the external monitors which starts the behavior again. Reboot seems to be the only fix. Disconnecting the USB 3.0 cable and reattaching does not “fix” the issue.
Attached are three logs captured during various phases of the repro.
Any thoughts?