PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY the driver for ATOM-Tablets is here - but the picture is lousy

GlobetrotterZH
04-14-2013, 11:10 AM
I was really happy to learn that finally the driver for ATOM based tablets was out. But now that my external monitor finally shows something, it's another disappointment.

Blury image, the mouse drags, as other users have stated with their configuration.

I'm using an Acer Iconia W510 (Win 8, 32 bit) with a Toshiba Dynadock USB 3.0 and an older Acer 22" Monitor (yes it's old, but it used to produce a much better image with my last computer when it was directly attached to the VGA-plug of the computer).

I would be happy not to wait for another 3 months for a driver that actually performs it's duty!

Wim
04-19-2013, 08:52 AM
The ATOM doesn't perform well for video playback, but it should be possible to use office apps, although the performance will not be as high as a Core iX platform, as the CPU is much more underpowered than the Core iX.

I suspect you will see the CPU spiking when things change on the DisplayLink screen as we try to get the CPU cycles needed to encode and send the pixel changes over USB.

Wim

xkovi
04-25-2013, 06:54 PM
I think the latest dual-core Atom with Intel graphic used for tablets has enough performace for basic use in office and desktop environment...

If I connect my external monitor via HDMI the Picture is smooth and absolutely ok...connection via HP USB2.0 dock with latest display link driver makes the picture very choppy...scrolling when browsing or using Excel/Word has disappointing performance...

Hope the next driver will improve this...