PDA

View Full Version : Windows 2k8r2 (win7) + uv39 + NEC 3.0 Drivers won't install

shdwhawk
04-05-2013, 04:52 AM
Hello,

I am running Windows Server 2008 R2 with NEC/renesas USB 3.0 with the latest firmware and drivers for the usb chipset. I just purchased/received two Evga uv39's to complement my three Nvidia GTX 570s. (Tested with SLI disabled)

I have tried nearly every version of the DisplayLink softare going all the way down to the latest 5 series. Windows simply will not install any drivers to the devices, and the just appear in Device Manager as "Other Devices" -> "100-U3-UV39" (Code 28). Hardware IDs state: USB\VID_17E9&PID_4300&REV_0406, USB\VID_17E9&PID_4300
- The DisplayLink service is running
- Tried USB3.0 powered hub

I am using the latest certified NVIDIA drivers: 314.22

I have also tried passing the adapter through Vmware Workstation 9 on a Windows 7 x64 guest, which yielded no determinable results.

The DisplayLink Debug Support tool reports no problems. Even "Device started correctly" passes. I am not sure what version of the DisplayLink software i used when generation the support information, since i have gone through practically every relevant version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

shdwhawk
04-05-2013, 05:03 AM
Noticed i don't have/didn't post a full diag/debug report output, i will do so first thing tomorrow with the latest 7 series software.

shdwhawk
04-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Here is the logs... Done with 7.2M0 clean installed with correct reboot procedure. With both DisplayLink adapters plugged in.

Cheers

shdwhawk
04-15-2013, 05:56 PM
THanks for helping!

shdwhawk
04-15-2013, 05:58 PM
Evga uv 16+ works perfectly :\

shdwhawk
04-20-2013, 03:49 AM
Thanks for looking at this

luiset83
04-24-2013, 01:07 AM
Code 28 is "display drivers not installed"
Perhaps you need to point to the correct location where the drivers are located.
See: http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2315

Also, I would remove any old/stale USB devices... You may do that with USBDeview: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Sometimes when I install a particular Windows Update or install a new DisplayLink driver, the previous USB drivers/detection logic will break because of stale/conflicting devices. When this happens, I would not be able to get any screen output, but perhaps network/audio -- a reverse situation of the poster above. Try getting rid of (removing) the stale/old USB devices... they'll get re-generated when Windows starts up again. At worst you might need to re-install a driver or two, but maybe not even that. Good luck!

shdwhawk
04-24-2013, 01:16 AM
Windows will not install them based on a directory search where driver files are located. However one can force-ably (browse all) install the correct drivers, but windows/DisplayLink won't initiate the device. The device would just sit pretty in Device Manager, but won't actually be functional. Moreover Windows will also tell you these are the incorrect drivers even though the drivers applied are based on the he HardwareIDs.

The two uv39 devices work fin on OSX. They also function on other machines. I am starting to think its related to USB3.0 Chipset and our hardware issue with my motherboard. Hopefully someone from Display Link eventually gives me some service, especially since i now own six of their devices. Eventually i will change my development/gaming workstation/server to a different OS. Or maybe get bored and install Windows 7 on another drive, and test that; but that is very unlikely. Since Display Link isn't responding, i would rather not put more work into it.