PDA

View Full Version : Netflix Windows 8 App

SROSeaner
04-04-2013, 01:19 AM
I have the following system (just purchased):

Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition running Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
Dell USB 3.0 Docking Station

I have had no luck running Netflix Windows 8 App while connected to the docking station. Originally it was giving me the 8158 error message. Again, Netflix Windows 8 app worked flawlessly not on the docking station, and even plugging VGA video or HDMI cable to laptop without issue.

After searching the DisplayLink forums, found this was a common error with the DisplayLink drivers (had 7.1 after installing my Dell docking station).

DisplayLink said they were working on a fix, and next driver would be release late March/early April. Today the new driver (version 7.2) was released.

I installed it... and sure enough the 8158 error disappeared... only to be replaced by new Netflix Windows 8 error.

"Oops, something went wrong...

System Configuration Problem

There is a problem playing video on this system. This may
be caused by any of the following:

1. Netflix is not support in virtual machines
2. New graphics drivers may be required. Please use Windows Update or your graphics card manufacturer's web site to obtain a graphics driver that is certified for Windows 8.

Specifically, the following graphics drivers are known to
cause this problem:

- Microsoft Basic Display Adapter
- Apple Boot Camp graphics drivers

If you need assistance with this problem, please call
866-579-7113

Error code: W8156-C0262500"

I have the latest graphics drivers, including today's 7.2 release from DisplayLink.

Is DisplayLink able to reproduce this scenario?? Again, this is ONLY happening when using the Dell docking station that includes DisplayLink graphics adapter.

Please help... losing patience!

rasold
04-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Netflix still not working.....worse now. have to move mouse cursor to edge of screen to get a response from program just like on bing maps.
same issue as above usb connection with dell 2340t not working
hdmi second monitor works fine with both apps Netflix and bing.

7.2 no fix
HELP!!!!

Wim
04-05-2013, 06:46 AM
Have you rebooted having installed 7.2? This is needed before metro video will work.

Wim

SROSeaner
04-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Yes, reboot has been done more than once.

Everything in the Metro environment works flawlessly with the Dell docking station I have (which has DisplayLink components in it) EXCEPT for the Netflix app and I get the error message outlined in the start of this thread.

I am sure you have a partnership with Dell. I am sure you give them a quick call to have them do a test of the very setup I have and work together to see where the issue is?

rasold
04-05-2013, 12:02 PM
of course rebooted

rasold
04-05-2013, 12:22 PM
interesting note...I can open Netflix app on second monitor with hdmi plugin and then drag app to primary monitor usb 3 input dell 2340t and app plays video flawless until you try to goto main menu of Netflix and same problem as stated above

window 8 apps Netflix bing maps

select app only loads if cursor moved to edge of screen

SROSeaner
04-06-2013, 05:58 PM
DisplayLink: any movement on this issue?

Artikas
04-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Experiencing the same issue. 7.2 resolved a lot of issues but it has not fixed Netflix - running surface pro. Still getting the W8158 error message. Starting to get very frustrating that a software with the sole purpose of being an easy solution can cause so much grief.

SROSeaner
04-09-2013, 11:06 AM
DisplayLink: any updates?

Wim
04-09-2013, 02:15 PM
I think there must be something specific about your system setup, as I believe this is fixed for most users. Can you post the logs as described here:

http://kb.displaylink.com/269

Thanks

Wim

Dan Santee
04-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Have you done a full uninstall and reinstall? I noticed that when I upgraded, the new version didn't solve my problem, but when I did a full uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot, everything worked fine. Just a thought.

tboggs13
05-04-2013, 05:44 PM
I am having the same experience with the "Metro" versions of Netflix and Hulu. Netflix will run fine on the Surface Pro tablet screen when in dual screen or standalone mode, but if I try to run it on the 2340t, it fails.

This is an improvement from the previous drivers. With the DisplayLink software installed, I was unable to use either app regardless of connection to a DisplayLink device. At that time Netflix was throwing an error related to encryption.

I did the complete uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot cycle. Still experience the issue.

I ran the diagnostic with advanced logging enabled, where do we send the file?

spacerat60
05-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Same Issue as reported above.

Running the latest version of DisplayLink (7.2 w/Targus Universal USB 3.0 DV Docking Station with Power) on a freshly installed version of Windows 8.

Video will not play for neither Netflix, HuluPlus nor Xbox Video

So far Xbox Video has provided the most helpful error message: "Make sure your video cable and TV both support HDCP copy protection. Also, check with the maker of your computer's video card to see if there's an HDCP-compliant driver for it."

0xc1010104 (0xc0262500)

Dan
05-10-2013, 07:40 PM
I am having the same experience with the "Metro" versions of Netflix and Hulu. Netflix will run fine on the Surface Pro tablet screen when in dual screen or standalone mode, but if I try to run it on the 2340t, it fails.

This is an improvement from the previous drivers. With the DisplayLink software installed, I was unable to use either app regardless of connection to a DisplayLink device. At that time Netflix was throwing an error related to encryption.

I did the complete uninstall, reboot, reinstall, reboot cycle. Still experience the issue.

I ran the diagnostic with advanced logging enabled, where do we send the file?

This is the correct place to send the file as an attachment, but we are still likely limited by our inability to get copy protection certificates for the USB connected display. Something we're working on.

only
09-26-2013, 12:47 PM
im having the same issue ish i cant get hulu or netflix to run with displaylink installed on my pc worked fine before loading the software downloaded lastest from your site and same issue uninstalled rebooted works again http://www.displaylink.org/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif

JamesH
09-26-2013, 04:26 PM
Hi,

Please run through this guide:
http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=896

As soon as the issue is seen please attach the output of this tool:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269
Once downloaded, please run it and select "Gather Support Information"

It's also worth trying the "System Compatibility Check" to see if anything is flagged up.

Thanks,
James