PDA

View Full Version : Updating the firmware on the ACP70USZ

mikey03062
03-25-2013, 09:33 PM
I see on your downloads page, firmware update v4401. I see no instructions in the download, nor in your manual. I run the tool and it tells me my current firmware version on my device is 9013, and the update is GL3520_v4401.

I'm guessing I don't want to apply this update? But the website says that was published Jan 2013, only 1-2 months ago? Why is my device so much higher?

I just got my device this weekend, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was "up to date" or even if it was a tad bit newer, but 4401 vs. 9013, just seems almost apples and oranges.

Thanks,
Mike

Wim
03-26-2013, 08:41 AM
Firmware update v4401 is not on our download page. The firmware for our chip in the dock is updated automatically when it connects to the PC with new DisplayLink software for the first time.

Firmware update v4401 is distributed by Targus and it is new firmware for the USB 3.0 root hub in the dock.

I believe this can fix USB enumeration issues between the USB 3.0 hub and the USB 3.0 host controller on some Windows 8 platforms (I think it depends what USB 3.0 host controller you have in your PC as to whether you see enumeration issues).

I think it would be best to contact Targus about applying this update, but I suspect it will be recommended if you are seeing enumeration issues.

Wim