PDA

View Full Version : dell s2340t windows8

rasold
03-15-2013, 06:21 PM
window 8 app programs not working properly thru usb device to dell s2340t
on second monitor thru hdmi connection app will work

weather channel app does not work properly
bing maps does not work properly
both work fine when displayed thru hdmi to second monitor just not on dell 2340t monitor usb connection only
when connection thru hdmi to dell s2340t only single monitor all is good again
usb graphic not working!!!
and of course Netflix works on neither displays with displaylink software installed, if I uninstall displaylink all work fine

are the issues with bing maps and other apps be in new update driver?

CAMERC
03-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi Rasold:
Have you successfully installed release 7.1 of DisplayLink with your Dell 2340T (other then having app problems)? I started out with release 7.0 in January on a new Dell Inspiron 660 with Win8 64bit which worked fairly well but then tried release 7.1. Release 7.1 causes "unexpected shutdown" failures, restart failures (-driver-power-state-failure), problems with touch failing after an inactivity powerdown for me. Would be interested to know what release of DisplayLink you are running, what desktop machine you are installing on and what graphics card (and graphics software release) you are using. I tried reporting problems to Dell Support and they suggested I upgrade my Intel HD Graphics software (to no avail) and then suggested I do a OS Refresh or Reset (which I declined to do). Thanks for any info you can provide!

Camerc

rasold
03-19-2013, 12:21 PM
displaylink 7.1
dell xps 8500 i7 graphic AMD Radeon HD 7570 with dell s2340t monitor usb3 connection display; hdmi connect to 2nd monitor
had similar issues on install had to reinstall windows8 2 times until I figured out it was the displaylink software causing problem
dell tech support says it the software and windows 8 compatibility and keep looking for updates until problem fixed

Netflix hulu don't work with app;browser mode works
bing map app works fine on second monitor thru hdmi when app loads on dells 2340t usb3 connection not working properly, loads map but cant move map around with mouse touch screen

CAMERC
03-19-2013, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the info! Note to moderator... I ran your debugging tool earlier to collect info both after I rebooted after a failed normal shutdown and after a reboot from a failure to come back from standbye mode. Hopefully this will help with both of our problems. FYI...I ran the diagnostic to check my machine out and it passed successfully. Hope I have done the attachment correctly!

Camerc

Wim
03-20-2013, 04:33 PM
Hopefully our release at the end of March will address the problem with Netflix in this thread. The touch issues are not due to our driver, as we do not provide the touch component.

Thanks

Wim

rasold
03-20-2013, 08:48 PM
how about the issue of win8 apps thru usb3 connection to my dells2340t monitor not working properly?

bing maps, weather channel app the ones I found so far

programs load and run , but they only respond to cursor movement after you make selection and move cursor to top left of screen then program responds.

no issues when using apps thru a hdmi cable to a touch or non touch monitors

rasold
04-07-2013, 12:22 PM
same issues with new update
HELP!!!
window 8 apps not working on dell 2340t usb3 connection primary monitor
second monitor everything works great with a hdmi connection