PDA

View Full Version : Any luck with Kensington sd3500v and Microsoft Surface Pro?

graye123
03-05-2013, 10:34 PM
I just got a Kensington sd3500v to go with my Surface Pro...

Nothing actually works (no usb ports, no network, no video...) and the software tends to disable my microSD card.

I've tried some obvious things:
1) updated the Intel HD4000 drivers
2) applied the latest 7.1M1 drivers

Has anybody else got this combination to work?

REBinc
03-10-2013, 02:53 AM
Bump. I just bought this too. It works perfectly fine on my ancient HP running XP, but no luck with my new surface pro. I have the 7.1 driver, and anytime I connect the USB it kills my wireless driver.

Wim
03-11-2013, 08:48 PM
DisplayLink devices should work with the surface. We have had them working in our office. It could be worth checking with Kensington that the firmware in the USB hub has been updated as there were some issues with the USB 3.0 hub compatibility with Windows 8 that Kensington addressed.

The problems with Wireless networking and USB 3.0 should be covered by this article:

http://kb.displaylink.com/340

Wim

theBeaz
03-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Another Surface Pro user here. I was very frustrated today when I received my Kensington s3500v and had the same problems as you guys, however I found that another person with the same issues used a USB 2.0 cable INSTEAD of the one that comes in the box.

After doing that and rebooting, the device works fine. I have mouse, keyboard, 2 monitors, and ethernet hooked up and rolling along fine... and my wifi adapter re-appeared.

Hopefully Kensington/Microsoft address whatever is happening with USB 3.0 and their respective devices, but I'll settle with this solution for now.