PDA

View Full Version : Black/blank screen (was green) with Sony Bravia

forzamilan14
02-20-2013, 11:24 PM
Hi,

First, I have done all of the troubleshooting. I also downloaded and ran the debugging tool. I attached the log for that.

Second, my DisplayLink Adapter does work on several other devices: my 32" LG on 1080p and my 50" Hitachi Ultravision on 720p. I know how to change the settings and I do it often when I move between TVs. It works fine with both of them, obviously with lower resolution on the Hitachi.

However, it does NOT work with my 50" Sony Bravia which is 1080p.

This is what happened:
1) I had a flashing green screen when I first tried to use it. I tried multiple settings and it would only cause a different frequency of the flashing. No setting showed a picture.
2) I combed the forums and updated my software. I now run 6.3.40660.0 after I updated the driver. I tried downloading the driver directly from the site as well to the newest version with no different results. 6.3.40660.0 was downloaded and installed when I went to device manager and clicked Update Driver.
3) After I did both of these, the screen changed from green to black/blank. I tried booting with the DisplayLink Adapter plugged in AND I tried booting without it plugged in - then I plugged it in again after my machine was fully booted. My results were the same: a black/blank screen.
4) I CAN move my cursor beyond my screen as I am normally able to do on the other TVs, but of course, I cannot see where the cursor goes or anything on the TV.
5) When I go to video setup, I can change the resolution settings, but nothing happens. When I 'Identify' my device, 1 shows up on my main monitor and the TV remains blank.
6) After all of this, I ran the debugging software - both the compatibility check and the gather support information (with advanced options on). I attached the results.

To recap, the DL Adapter works with 2 other TVs, one at 1080p, one at 720p. I know how to change settings and I never have problems. A third TV on 1080p does not work. It had a green screen and now it's black/blank since I updated to a more recent driver. I have tried booting with and without the device plugged in.

I feel like I have tried everything! :confused::confused::confused:

forzamilan14
02-21-2013, 07:59 PM
Bump. No reply yet and really would like to get this solved. It's really a mystery to me. I have tried everything! Or at least it seems like it! Thanks!

Wim
02-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Looks like the software is running correctly and has set the display to the preferred resolution, but the TV doesn't like the signal for some reason.

Have you tried changing the display properties in Windows to see if it works in lower resolutions?

Wim

forzamilan14
02-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Hi Wim,

Yes, I have tried the display properties in every resolution. Now, every setting from 1366x768 to 800x600 is flashing green. It's not black anymore, but every setting flashes green in a different size. :(:(

Also, the TV works with my dish network receiver in 1 HDMI input and my PS3 in another HDMI input. I can also use a different computer that has an HDMI output in the same HDMI input I use for the DisplayLink Adapter and it has no problems.

forzamilan14
03-01-2013, 06:03 AM
Hi there,

I still can't figure out what is wrong with my displaylink adapter. It is still giving me the green screen. Thanks.

forzamilan14
03-02-2013, 02:54 AM
Hi,

Checking in again. It's still not working. I tried everything I described in my first post and my other post. I am still only getting a green flashing screen on every resolution with my TV (Sony Bravia)

Thanks.

forzamilan14
03-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Hi there,

I still have not received a response to this issue and nothing seems to work. What is the next step I can take?

Wim
03-06-2013, 11:49 AM
I can't diagnose this further, as it looks like the software is working but for some reason the TV is not syncing to the video output.

Our adapters pass HDMI compliance so the video signal should be outputted correctly. Have you tried with a shorter or different HDMI cable?

Wim