PDA

View Full Version : Ethernet on Lenovo ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock

swindmill
02-20-2013, 02:46 PM
I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad USB 3.0 Dock with my ThinkPad X1 Carbon to connect to a single DVI monitor, a network cable connected to a gigabit switch, a USB mouse, and a set of speakers via the mini plug connector.

I recently formatted and re-installed Windows 8 Professional (64-bit) on the laptop and installed a fresh copy of the 7.1 M1 version of the DisplayLink software to make the dock function.

I'm having an issue with the Ethernet port while it is under any load. For example, I see packet loss and browser hesitation while simultaneously transferring a file to a network share. I am observing the packet loss by pinging another device on the local network while the file transfer is in process, and the packet loss stops as soon as the file transfer is complete. The speed of the file transfer itself also seems lower than it should be over a gigabit network. It's maxing out at 20-25MB/sec and I recall seeing at least twice this throughput when transferring files from the same laptop/dock to the same file server a few weeks ago when I was on the 7.1 DisplayLink software release.

Could the new Ethernet driver that looks to have been included in M1 be causing this? Are there any steps I can take to help narrow down the cause of the problem?