PDA

View Full Version : Horizontal Banding and Ghost Images

moha
06-26-2010, 06:56 PM
I have a syncmaster t260hd and 2693. I use the displayport for the 2693 and the bvu195 for the t260. Whenever I start using the bvu195 for a few seconds, it'll display correctly, then it'll have weird banding and ghost images. I've searched these boards, and the internet with no solution. I thought it was the usb, so I changed that; I switched monitors, no bueno. I had a rather colorful background, so I changed it to grey, hoping that would eliminate constant rendering, it also didn't work.

I'm on osx 10.6.4 macbook 4,1

If someone could help, I'd appreciate it.

moha
07-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Is there any other info I need to give for some help? I feel as if I just wasted $80 on this device; I really need a second monitor for work.

Carlo
09-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Hmm the logs show an quite long number of crashes of the i1DisplayDeviceService, that looks to be connected with... a color matching SW? My bet is that this software is confused by our drivers.
The DisplayLink device does not appear to be connected in the logs.
Anyway, I'd try uninstalling the color calibration SW to see if it makes any difference.

If it doesn't a screenshot of the problem might provide additional useful info.

moha
10-09-2010, 06:06 AM
Thank you for replying.
I can't take a screen shot of it unfortunately when screenshot is taken, everything looks normal. I did take two pictures for you to see the banding.

I also unistalled the crashing software, thank you I wasn't aware of that.

Attached is a new set of logs, as well as the pics.

moha
11-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Bump a little... I'd like to remedy this, thanks

Carlo
11-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Thank you for the bump.
So, the pictures are very useful. It should be a software problem but it's the first time this has been reported on Mac as far as I know.
The logs show some puzzling things but nothing that can be connected to this behaviour.
I'm afraid that the only way to analyse this issue is to have the affected setup and debug it directly, I don't know how to help you remotely.
We'll give it another go in trying to reproduce the issue with a very similar display and setup.

moha
11-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks, do you think it could be the hardware instead?

alexkrishnan
12-06-2010, 02:10 AM
is this a vga adaptor? have you tried making sure it's not the vga cable? Also, some of the really cheap adaptors that I have bought just look bad over VGA. One adapter that I got works just fine and looks great over DVI but when I use the same unit over VGA to the same monitor, it looks like junk.

moha
12-07-2010, 04:54 AM
is this a vga adaptor? have you tried making sure it's not the vga cable? Also, some of the really cheap adaptors that I have bought just look bad over VGA. One adapter that I got works just fine and looks great over DVI but when I use the same unit over VGA to the same monitor, it looks like junk.

Thank you for the reply. I'm using a hdmi cable with a dvi adapter. I've used hdmi and dvi, they both look like this.

moha
01-05-2011, 10:57 PM
Hello,

Still not working...

I'm frustrated with this because as you can see from my join date, I haven't had a working second monitor in over 7 months. This sucks...