PDA

View Full Version : OpenGL acceleration and 2D and 3D support

DocMike
06-25-2010, 11:24 AM
When is this going to be done and what is taking so long?:confused:

mastahype
07-07-2010, 06:28 AM
There appear to be a number of higher priority issues with the current driver. I personally could care less about acceleration at this point; those are nice to have features I just want my MBP to not lock up for 10 minutes or more after waking from sleep or having the server/app crash.

riorben
11-13-2010, 03:55 AM
+1 for acceleration. It would be **extremely** appreciated. I have tried to go without it, but I use expose a lot and it is almost unusable. It "works like a dream" in windows bootcamp and is frustrating to come back to a choppy OS X display. Thanks for a great initial product though.

tareqsiraj
11-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Yes, acceleration would be extremely useful. Any planned dates (even rough estimates) on when we could expect a beta with acceleration enabled? Thanks for this great product.

nmeessen
11-21-2010, 11:14 PM
I'd really like to see this implemented as well

loydbrahn
12-04-2010, 01:02 AM
I'd like to see this as well since it seems to be the reason why I can't color calibrate my DisplayLink monitor http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=531

alexkrishnan
12-06-2010, 02:05 AM
I have 2 USB monitors hooked up to my macbook and expose is just a joke. Additionally, I have a wireless usb transmitter hooked up to my HDTV and I am forced to boot into windows in order to get the advertised "smooth video at 720p", which is also a joke using the mac drivers.

Ajay
02-20-2011, 06:24 PM
When is this going to be done? Are there any plans to open source the Mac OS X driver to allow the community to add OpenGL support?

tetsuo
03-14-2011, 10:55 AM
+1 for acceleration on MacOS.

IDIUX
03-17-2011, 05:08 AM
I would also greatly appreciate support for OpenGL acceleration. I require colour calibration of my second monitor as I am a designer and colour accuracy is very important to me.

npinchot
04-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Video is not smooth enough. The 1.6 beta 4 driver is out and still no hardware acceleration? Sad panda.

Paul N. Edwards
04-22-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm using a Macbook Pro with two brand new Dell U2410s side by side. One is hooked up through the Mac's Displayport, the other to a Mac USB port using a Diamond BVU195 adapter and the Displaylink Mac 1.6 beta driver. The graphics card is set to "better graphics" in the Energy Saver preferences panel.

At first I hooked up the display using the Diamond "straight": DVI cable from the monitor to the Diamond's built-in DVI input, output to USB on the Mac.

This caused the display to turn slightly blue, and it seemed to get bluer and bluer over the 2 hours I used it that way. Eventually whites became almost sky blue -- basically unusable. Plus I could not calibrate the monitor's color. I freaked out and found this forum, so I know why I can't calibrate. (Displaylink, please fix this!!!) :mad:

Then I hooked up the Diamond to its included DVI to VGA adapter and used a VGA cable from the monitor. Surprisingly, this seems to have solved the problem. Of course I still can't calibrate the monitor, but at least the color balance is more or less normal.

Seax
11-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Any news when its gonna be possible to configure a display connected to a displaylink-adapter? Really looking forward to it.

tye
03-27-2012, 04:13 PM
What is the status on this?
Some (video)applications just don't work with a displaylink adapter plugged in, so it would be great to know if this will change.

Thanks in advanced!

Hophoto
03-27-2012, 05:34 PM
+1 for sure.. on Open GL.... would love that... for sure..

Hophoto
03-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Color and Open GL would be IDEAL. for sure.. I would take just OPEN GL if I had to..

Hophoto
03-30-2012, 10:46 AM
PLEASE>.. as soon as you can... Photoshop not a happy camper...

kingsapo
07-25-2013, 06:37 AM
+1 on this. I thought that with the introduction of USB 3.0 products, the lag would mostly go away, but there are still instances where stuff gets choppy, and certain applications don't work, and things like expose affect the other native monitors.

I heard that OS X 10.9 Mavericks is supposed to have some updates to OpenGL, does anyone know if that includes access to hardware acceleration? If so, I imagine it would make it possible for the devs here to update the driver to support it.

ehendrix
08-01-2013, 04:21 PM
+1 on this. I use VMWare Fusion and I see a big lag on my screen using DisplayLink, figuring this is due to OpenGL. Hoping that with 2.0 driver out and the changes done with it that after the first bugs are fixed this will become a priority.

segfaults
09-25-2013, 01:53 AM
+1 as well. Using the 2.0 drivers against the VMWare Fusion 6 on 10.8.5 I encounter serious slowness when interacting with the Fusion window.