PDA

View Full Version : Virtual display remains active after unplugging DisplayLink for a second time

rubin110
06-15-2010, 02:55 AM
Macbook Pro 13" first gen, 10.6.3, running the 1.6 beta 2 drivers. 2nd display hooked up the the Display Port, 3rd display hooked up to the DisplayLink.

I unplugged everything to take the machine with me into a conference. Hooked up to a 1080p display via VGA over the Display Port, when rearranging the displays in the display preference pane, I only observed the Macbook display and the 1080p display.

When I got back to my desk I plugged everything back in and it restored all the displays again just fine. After unplugging the DisplayLink again to leave the office I noticed that the windows sitting on that display didn't return back to the Macbook's display. Checking the preference pane I can see the DisplayLink display is still available. After poking the detect displays button a few times, the DisplayLink display remained. I plugged the device back in and removed it a couple of times, but that state didn't change.

Any tips to fix this other then to just reboot the machine? Thanks!