PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating... We need more transparency and updates...

daxiang28
05-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Words can't begin to express my frustration with the new 1.6 drivers and my brand new Macbook Pro. Every morning is a vodoo ritual that lasts at least 30 minutes reinstalling after safeboot. After some miraculous mixture of reboots and system hangs, I finally get a working setup. I've submitted a previous post with no answer from an admin and the responses from admins to other posts are just gracious answers for posting.

I appreciate being polite, but we really need a solution yesterday. Everybody seems to have very similar problems (ie not waking from sleep). At the very least, you guys can post a sticky outlining some workarounds or best startup procedures. What problems are you guys seeing? Do you have the new i5/i7 to test with? Should we just shut it down instead of sleeping the computers?

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just frustrated doing this every single morning. This brand new i7 MBP is awesome and I cringe every time I have to hard restart it.

Steve

tkmeans
05-11-2010, 09:19 PM
All my problems were fixed by disabling the graphic switching
Goto --> System Preferences --> Energy Saver --> unclick automatic graphic switching

Hope this helps

daxiang28
05-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks tkmeans, I've done that already and am still having problems.

wesbos
05-14-2010, 06:42 PM
I have the same problem and I'm not happy after dropping $2000 on adapters that claim to work on my machine by cause me to waste my time and boot into safe mode everytime I want to work remotely.