PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent display dropouts on 3-monitor setup

ven42
02-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Hello. I have a 3-monitor setup using two DisplayLink USB-to-DVI adapters with the third monitor connected through mini-DisplayPort. The computer is an 11-inch MacBook Air (Mid 2012) running Windows 7 64-bit natively (via BootCamp installation).

The problem I've been having is that the two monitors hooked up via DisplayLink adapters will intermittently "dropout" for about one second and then come right back. What I mean by this is that the two monitors will go black, Windows makes the "removed hardware" sound, all of my program windows get gathered onto the one remaining monitor (connected via mini-DisplayPort), Windows makes the "found new hardware" sound, and all of my displays return to normal. Windows does not display any error messages or notifications when this happens, just the aforementioned sound.

It's hard to pin down any one thing causing the problem, but it seems like the more activity and change there is on a DisplayLink-connected screen, the more likely the dropout is to occur. For example, if I scroll through a full page document, or if I quickly move a large window around the screen, a dropout is likely to occur.

This is a fresh Windows installation, and the problem has always been there throughout this installation. I just updated to the new DisplayLink Software version 7.1 M1 (or 7.1.45135.0 as listed in the release notes), and the problem is still there.

I followed the instructions here:
http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269
and I generated a Support Log including the "advanced logging" information, which I have attached to this post.

Can someone please suggest the next step I can take to troubleshoot this problem? Thank you.

ven42
02-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Just a friendly little bump...

Can anyone help me interpret these log files or suggest further troubleshooting measures, please?

Thank you.