PDA

View Full Version : DisplayLink not working with Windows 8

gromit77
02-03-2013, 11:25 PM
I am running an Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A with an iCore7 and Sandforce Bridge and Windows 8-64.

My new i-tec USB 3.0 docking station is not working at all. At the beginning it was working with some USB devices but I could not get an external monitor to work.

After updating all drivers and installing DisplayLink 7.1M1 now Windows does not even recognize the docking station at all.

In the device manager "USB Root Hub (xHCI)" is stating error code 43 ("The USB hub failed to reset").

I have already tried the workaround from the Plugable website (installing the Intel instead of the Microsoft USB 3.0 driver) but this did not work either, as Windows kept saying that I already had the latest driver.

It is really frustrating! Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

jjp
02-04-2013, 01:45 PM
Hi gromit77, I have the same problem with a Kensignton SD3500V. It seems to be due to the connection via USB 3.0. When I connect the docking station using an extension cable but for USB 2.0, everything is degraded down to USB 2.0 and the docking station works fine except for the second display that is not seen by the system :-(
You can follow the link of my thread and see the response I have gotten from the displaylink support.
I have now raised an incident with the Kensington support.
I will let you know if I find anything new ;-)