PDA

View Full Version : Second display still not working in Windows 8

yellohaus
02-02-2013, 01:17 AM
I have tried everything and am at wits end. I can not get a 2nd display to work with a Toshiba Dynadock U3.0. I have tried the latest version of the DisplayLink drivers that were released today and get the same results I was getting before with the previous two versions. Which is pretty disappointing, when I saw that new drivers were released, I was really optimistic.
I have a windows 8 machine, latest USB 3.0 drivers. I have tried both the USB2.0 and 3.0 connections and no display from either. The 2nd monitor is connected via DVI cable to the dynadock.
I know this is a Windows 8 thing because I can get the setup to work properly with a windows 7 machine.
I also know the drivers are installed properly and the DisplayLink service is running. I've read through everything pertaining to Windows 8 and DisplayLink I can find and nothing seems to solve my issue.
Another thing to add, a window pops up 2-3 times every 10-15 miuntes, saying 'DisplayLink Software Configuration' and a progress bar, but it disappears and nothing happens.

Nikijy
02-02-2013, 02:37 AM
I admire your pursuit of the spirit of the new products, the latest products, generally has a few problems, because there is a lot to be improved, windows 8 as a new system is no exception. But I believe that everything will be better.

yellohaus
02-03-2013, 03:09 PM
I may have the latest products, but I'd hardly say they're new. Windows 8 has been available to developers for well over a year.

Having said that, I understand there will be unexpected issues that arise when released to the mass market. I see alot of people here having various issues that relate to Windows 8. I've tried every suggestion I've read and nothing.

There has to be others that have the same issue that I'm having.