PDA

View Full Version : Multiple display - frozen - usb 3.0 docking targus - zenbook asus - windows 8

Mario_Lanz
01-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Hello

I'm using a Asus Zenbook with Windows 8 (64-bit) together with a Targus 3.0 USB Docking (http://www.targus.com/uk/product_details.asp?sku=ACP71EU).

I've pluged in 2 24" screens at the docking @ 1920x1080.

As of sudden the notebook lost the connection to the sound, ethernet (lan) and the monitors. In fact, the monitors are frozen. Even after two days, the still show the same frozen "screen/desktop".

Meanwhile I've connected one of the monitors directly to the HDMI port on the notebook. This port is working normally.

Funny enoough - the pluged in USB Keyboard and Mouse and the docking are still working. Also the other USB devices.

Conclusion
Not working through targus docking:
- LAN
- Sound
- Monitors

Working:
- Mouse (USB)
- Keyboard (USB)
- Other USB Devices
Direct from Ultrabook
- HDMI

Asus Zenbook UX32VD:
Windows 8 (64-Bit)
10GB RAM
Intel SSD 240GB

All drivers from Asus are the Windows 8 ones.
I've just updated the nvidia driver to 310.90 a few days ago.

In addition I'm using sometimes also a Toshiba dyna docking (USB 3.0 too).

I'm searching for a possible cause.
I'm not sure, if the newes nvidia driver is causing the problem (http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2198)

Thanks a lot for advices

luiset83
01-30-2013, 10:55 PM
sounds like you need to remove power to the dock and re-plug in again.

Mario_Lanz
01-31-2013, 06:56 AM
already done (one of the first steps...)

I've unplugged the power from the docking and the screens for a whole night

Davidsol
01-31-2013, 08:07 AM
Hmm, this problem is kinda the same were having at our workplace to. The only problem we got with LAN port is that when we upload a image to Vsphere it suddenly stops and breaks down.. Then just going to the diagnotice problem on the ethernet and works again..

With two screens the only problem we have is that it get blurred / flimmering and getting unreadable for some seconds.

A Question to you;
How you got 10gig RAM? Have you bought a new RAM? If so, link me please, we are kinda needed to upgrade our ram! 4gig is abit less when using 2 screens, alot programs up etc etc.

Sincerely,
David

Mario_Lanz
01-31-2013, 12:04 PM
I solved the problem somehow

I've removed for sorting out some cablemess the USB 3.0 HD Docking from Tycoon and after that everything is working again...

Now I'm running my 4 screens

Davidsol
01-31-2013, 12:33 PM
I solved the problem somehow

I've removed for sorting out some cablemess the USB 3.0 HD Docking from Tycoon and after that everything is working again...

Now I'm running my 4 screens

Did you see my question? At work we got 2 persons with Asus UX31a, and we are looking for a RAM upgrade, i havent opened my computer yet to see. But i think there is 2x 2gb RAM slots or 1x 4gb RAM. I am not sure.

Mario_Lanz
01-31-2013, 02:57 PM
I wrote you a PN (haven't you received it?)