PDA

View Full Version : Samsung series 9 issues with Targus ACP71USZ

Loboman
01-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Recently purchased samsung 900X3C with win 7 64 and two targus docks ACP71USZ. From day 1 the gig ethernet and audio have not worked. Targus customer support has had me update drivers (displaylink 7.1 and renesas USB 3 controller) and still no luck. With the dock connected device manager lists "other devices" and under that is the Targus Giga Ethernet where under properties it tells me that the drivers for this device are not installed ( code 28) - clicking on update driver yields " windows could not find a driver for your device". Also in DM under sound a Targus USB Audio is listed - under properties it states "this device cannot start ( code 10)"

Both docks yield the exact same information.

Any guidance / assistance would be very much appreciated...

Dan
01-24-2013, 11:24 PM
Recently purchased samsung 900X3C with win 7 64 and two targus docks ACP71USZ. From day 1 the gig ethernet and audio have not worked. Targus customer support has had me update drivers (displaylink 7.1 and renesas USB 3 controller) and still no luck. With the dock connected device manager lists "other devices" and under that is the Targus Giga Ethernet where under properties it tells me that the drivers for this device are not installed ( code 28) - clicking on update driver yields " windows could not find a driver for your device". Also in DM under sound a Targus USB Audio is listed - under properties it states "this device cannot start ( code 10)"

Both docks yield the exact same information.

Any guidance / assistance would be very much appreciated...

You could uninstalling the drivers, and the doing 'update driver', choosing manual update, all the way, choose disk, then navigate to \Program Files\DisplayLink Core Software\ where you'll find the CdcEcmDriver and AudioDriver.

Also if you supply logs following http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 it may help.

Loboman
01-25-2013, 01:10 PM
Thank you Dan!! Such a simple solution - it appears to have cleared things up nicely. Have a wonderful Friday!