PDA

View Full Version : Targus USB3 docks video stopped working almost right out of box

mattgores
01-10-2013, 05:18 PM
I was setting up a Dell XPS14 laptop, plugged in a previously used dock and no monitors were detected. All other devices looked normal in device manager.

I tried another dock, plugged it in, updated firmware - great! Rebooted the PC and the monitors were no longer detected. They appeared to be getting a signal since the screens were black, but they were not detected in the OS.

I tried a 3rd dock, plugged it in, updated firmware and it finally persisted post reboot!

I've tried the 2 bad docks on other PC's and can't get them working. Are they dead and do I need to RMA?

Attached is the log from one system w/ the problematic dock and one DVI monitor attached.

Thanks.

mattgores
01-10-2013, 05:22 PM
I've tried the displaylink clean uninstall utility, old software version, etc, but can't get these docks going.

JamesH
01-10-2013, 11:20 PM
Hi

Do you still get the issue if you connect the docks to the USB2 ports on your laptop?

Regards,
James

mattgores
01-10-2013, 11:23 PM
Correct. I get the message that it would perform better in the USB3 slot, but that's the only difference.

mattgores
01-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Bump on this one. Doing more testing today, but may get these RMA'd.