PDA

View Full Version : Issued with Windows 8 and Sony Vaio Hybrid Graphics Card

Tjkd
01-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Hello Display Link!

I have an Issue with using my "Kensington - Universal Multi-Display Adapter" with Windows 8 64-bit on my Sony Vaio VPCZ119E. This Laptop has a Hybdrid display adapters, 1 Intel and 1 Nvidia GeForce 330GT. There is no new drivers for Windows 8 available for this Graphics card from Sony, and nVidia doesnt support the special Hybdrid card in their usual driver packages, so I can't change them. But the drivers I've installed are working properly otherwise and they worked just fine on Windows 7 64-bit.
If I use the Intel Graphics card, it works with the multi-display adapter, but only on 1 external screen. My dockingstation to DVI won't work then.

So there is some kind of conflict the drivers and the new driver from DisplayLink. I mean, since the drivers for the graphicscard is working otherwise and they worked properly in Windows 7, I believe that I shouldnt need to replace the driver of the graphicscard.

Is there any new version coming for DisplayLink that might solve this?

Thank you!

JamesH
01-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Hi,

Can you try disabling the Intel driver and seeing if you get any further with just the Nvidia graphics active?

Thanks,
James

Tjkd
01-10-2013, 09:01 AM
Hi,

Can you try disabling the Intel driver and seeing if you get any further with just the Nvidia graphics active?

Thanks,
James

We have tried this. And if we disable the Intel driver ,first we dont even get a picture on the normal screen. And if we reboot the driver of the nvidia card says there is a problem with the driver os something like that. And as soon as we enable the Intel card and reboot, both graphic cards seem to work again.

So no success I'm afraid.

JamesH
01-10-2013, 11:43 AM
Hi

I'm not sure we can help out here - it sounds like the lack of an up-to-date Windows 8 graphics driver is the issue.

I'd suggest contacting Sony to see what their support plans are for this model. You can do this here http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contacts/vaio/email

The only other thing I can suggest is when you just have the Nvidia driver active try and install the latest Nvidia Windows 8 driver.

Regards,
James