PDA

View Full Version : second screen doesn't work - no icon in icon tray

HenkD
01-01-2013, 11:43 AM
I installed the latest displaylink driver software on my Asus N56 connected to a dynadock u3.0

All seems to work fine (I'm connected to the internet through an ethernet cable in the dynadock, the mouse and hard drive are connected to the dynadock), the screen however remains black. On top of that, and probably linked, there is no icon in the icon tray.

I'm working on windows 8.

All help would be appreciated
thanks

HenkD
01-01-2013, 04:23 PM
and now on top of that, after restarting again, my screen starts blinking.

When I "disable" the dynadock u3.0 in the USB display adapter section of the device manager, it stops blinking.

Strange ....

HenkD
01-06-2013, 05:28 PM
I removed all software from NVIDIA and now it works. However, the device needs to be unplugged at startup. After starting up I connect the device and all works well. If it is plugged in during startup, the connection is lost every few seconds and then connects again. (screen, ethernet ... )

JamesH
01-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Hi

Do you mean after rolling back the Nvidia driver to the previous version things improve?

Can you post the logs from your system as described here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269

Thanks,
James

HenkD
01-08-2013, 03:35 PM
James,

logs are attached (once normal and once with advanced set-up).
With the NVIDIA drivers it didn't work at all. Now I didn't roll back but completely uninstalled all NVIDIA software.