PDA

View Full Version : Netflix, Hulu and Update 7.1

ahurst
12-30-2012, 12:50 AM
Am I the only one with a Dell S2340T touch monitor that is having issues with Netflix and Hulu on Windows 8?

I just updated the latest driver DisplayLink provided (7.1) and now when I open the Netflix app in the Metro UI, I get a blank blue screen...same with Hulu.

Before the update, I would see all the movies and tv show images. I couldn't watch them. I would still get error 8158.

But now I get the blue screen of nothing.

Was update 7.1 supposed to fix the pixel rendering issue that was causing error 8158?

If so, it is now worse.

Please let me know the progress you have made on this issue.

I need to return this Dell monitor if the issue does not get sorted out.

beuford
01-02-2013, 04:58 PM
I am also getting this behavior in Win 8 with the above apps as well as the PDF viewer app in the app mode formerly known as Metro.

It's not just the Dell monitor you mentioned.

Cleartech
01-10-2013, 06:13 PM
I too have an S2340T and have the same problems. When I am using the USB cable to my windows 8 machine, blue screens on most metro apps.

As of this moment, I have the usb cable and an hdmi cable hooked up. I can use the monitor to do everything, but none of the drivers are installed.

I bought this monitor with the intent of using it as a duplicate of my tv system, so that I could use it as a remote. So far, no luck.

frankalonso
02-07-2013, 01:07 PM
So far this has been the most annoying feature of moving to Windows 8. As a tablet user I rely on my portable USB monitor when I need to be more productive in the field.

After scouring the internet I could not find a single workaround for this issue.

Has there been any official word from DisplayLink on this? I for one would like to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Frank :mad:

Wim
02-07-2013, 03:14 PM
The problem with the apps just coming up with a blue screen should be fixed in 7.1 M1, but it may be necessary to install the primary graphics drivers again to get rid of the blue screen issue.

Netflix and Hulu not working is a different issue, as these apps turn on Windows 8 protected path. We're working on a fix for this, to allow these apps to run on the native graphics card screens.

Wim