PDA

View Full Version : Win 8 work at all?

win8ready2013maybe
12-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Ive been reading these forums and have issues on Win 8 with my Lenovo Ideapad laptop running OEM Win 8 and the Lenovo Thinkpad USB 3.0 Dock.
Hopefully a simple question here - do any dock devices using Display Link work with Win 8 at all or should I return it? I understand the Intel/Microsoft issues exist. Just curious if I should wait or return the dock.

win8ready2013maybe
12-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Debug tool compatibility doesn't show device connected.

Should I attempt connecting to USB 2.0 - does that work?

Results from debug attached.

cmwade77
12-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Best of luck, based upon our experience on the Mac side with Mountain Lion, you are most likely going to be waiting 6 months to a year before this is even somewhat resolved, with large periods of time of no response from DisplayLink.

JamesH
01-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Hi,

Please describe what issues you are having.

Does a USB2 connection work for you?

Thanks,
James

Boriss
01-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Hi
My USB wireless USB worked fine on XP and Win 7, but I'm having issues with Win 8 on my HP Pavilion g6-2240sa laptop. I've downloaded drivers and all up to date, device manager can see the wireless USB but says it can't find the drivers. Your debug tool says the device isn't connected but passes all the other tests. Services are running, I've uninstalled/reinstalled a couple of times rebooted etc but still no joy. I've tried all USB ports and device manager recognises the device on all.1023