PDA

View Full Version : Unable to play League of Legends with DisplayLink installed

mirezko
12-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Hello support,

I have a problem with DisplayLink drivers - it doesn't allow me to start League of Legends game.

I tested with disconnected DisplayLink adapter, but until I removed the actual drivers from the system I couldn't start the game.

I also wrote on LoL support, but this seems to be an issue with the drivers.

Maybe it's connected to the problem that I cannot update NVIDIA drivers as well - it doesn't detect my graphics card correctly and installation fails.

Attached are some logs.

Thanks for any help

joereinardy
02-22-2013, 09:08 PM
I'm actively looking for other docking stations. Was there ever a response or solution to this?:confused:

mirezko
02-22-2013, 10:51 PM
I'm actively looking for other docking stations. Was there ever a response or solution to this?:confused:

nope, no reply nor resolution.

I even submitted a ticket to LoL support, they couldn't help.

joereinardy
02-27-2013, 04:44 AM
Would be nice to know that this is on the bug list. . .

Wim
02-27-2013, 04:13 PM
This is known about and it should only affect NVIDIA Optimus systems running Windows 8.

The NVIDIA drivers have some "interesting" behaviour on Windows 8, so when used alongside DisplayLink full screen apps (eg games) don't work. We're seeing what we can do to work around this.

Wim

odiHnaD
02-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Doesn't work with HD4000 intel graphics either.

marcham93
03-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Doesn't work with HD4000 intel graphics either.

Agreed. I have an HD4000 in my ThinkPad X1 Carbon.

I can't play most of my steam games.

Also Hulu Plus for Windows 8 won't run.

joereinardy
03-10-2013, 04:54 AM
This is known about and it should only affect NVIDIA Optimus systems running Windows 8.

The NVIDIA drivers have some "interesting" behaviour on Windows 8, so when used alongside DisplayLink full screen apps (eg games) don't work. We're seeing what we can do to work around this.

Wim

Wondering if there is an update. Does the USB 3 replicator have the same problem? Was talking to the Lenovo rep the other day about the helix, and I can't help but expect i'll have the same problem -- Does your statement mean: W8+ i7 +Displaylink = problems? Or can I at least buy my way out of this?

joereinardy
03-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Wondering if there is an update. Does the USB 3 replicator have the same problem? Was talking to the Lenovo rep the other day about the helix, and I can't help but expect i'll have the same problem -- Does your statement mean: W8+ i7 +Displaylink = problems? Or can I at least buy my way out of this?

Bump -- anyone know if the USB3 has the same problem? Do all the Lenovo i7 laptops have this problem with W8?

Wim
03-25-2013, 05:07 PM
OK - I've reproduced this (wow - LOL takes a long time to download and update...). It seems to happen on all Windows 8 systems but works under Windows 7. Is that correct?

Want to make sure this is just a Windows 8 issue when we look at it, and I'm not missing anything on Windows 7.

Wim

joereinardy
03-28-2013, 05:05 AM
I will re-post after I've checked. Never tried it on W7 yet.
. . .
Just tried this on a Dell W7 laptop. It's not showing the issue. Not an "apples to apples" comparison -- it's not a Lenovo i7 laptop. . .
but one point, W7 laptop does not have the issue with the displaylink.

joereinardy
04-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Any chance you've tried this with the USB3 version and can confirm whether the issue is strictly software?

Wim
04-18-2013, 04:13 PM
We've investigated this. We don't have a fix as the game is doing something special with graphics drivers on Windows 8, but do have a workaround. It is documented here (http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=345).

Wim

joereinardy
04-22-2013, 11:58 PM
Thanks, that worked!

brokenblinker
06-25-2013, 05:03 PM
I am having the same error documents in your workaround running on a Dell XPS 15z with Windows 7. I tried the compatibility mode with windows 7 selected, but League of Legends still won't work with that. I am using the device USB to DVI/VGA labeled Encore Electronics. Whenever I uninstall the displaylink software, league of legends works again. As soon as I use my second monitor at work, via the automatic driver install from the encore electronics box, league does not work until I uninstall.

JamesH
06-25-2013, 11:12 PM
Hi,

Is this the device you have?
http://www.encore-usa.com/us/sites/default/files/product_file_datasheet/ENMUV_spec.pdf

Are you using 7.2M1 from the DisplayLink website?

Thanks,
James

5phinX
07-07-2013, 05:59 PM
Hello,
I've recently bought an AOC e1649Fwu USB external monitor with DisplayLink and was unable to play League of Legends on Win7 64-bit. Solution for Win8 posted on DisplayLink pages didn't work for me. But I found a way. You have to configure League of Legends to run in a window. It seems, that directx has problem determining what is fullscreen if there is DisplayLink driver present in the system. So to run League of Legends you have to do this:

1. Navigate to your League of Legends install folder (default is C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Config\)
2. If there is a game.cfg file, edit it as follows:
under [General] section find line "Windowed=0" and change it to "Windowed=1"
If there isn't any game.cfg file, download mine and copy it to the config folder.
3. Run a game, go to tutorial (it is easy to quit) and change the resolution via in-game menu. You have to do it this way, because the game recognizes only a pre-defined resolutions.

To change window resolution you must enter a game (it is not possible from launcher) and press Esc key after the game loads.
In Options menu click on Video button. Select a suitable resolution from Resolution menu. Do not change the Windowed Mode option or you will be at the beginning again!
With resolution selected, you can quit the tutorial (there is no ban for exiting a tutorial).

I hope this works for you.

wzx123abc
05-20-2015, 04:21 AM
OK - I've reproduced this (wow - LOL takes a long time to download and update...). It seems to happen on all Windows 8 systems but works under Windows 7. Is that correct?

Want to make sure this is just a Windows 8 issue when we look at it, and I'm not missing anything on Windows 7.

Wim

I am here because I met the same problem and I am using Windows 7... Game will work if and only if I uninstalled the DisplayLink on my laptop.

Please check on this.

Wim
05-22-2015, 02:34 PM
I am here because I met the same problem and I am using Windows 7... Game will work if and only if I uninstalled the DisplayLink on my laptop.

Please check on this.

We know that some games cannot work with us installed, and have a tool that will disable our driver, without uninstalling to work around this:

http://support.displaylink.com/knowledgebase/articles/543922-games-do-not-work-on-windows-with-displaylink-soft

Thanks

Wim