PDA

View Full Version : Please change mac support status

jdeuce77
10-18-2012, 06:15 PM
I recently purchased a Lenovo ThinkVision LT1421 14" Widescreen LED Monitor mainly because it seemed like Macs were fully supported via your driver. I use a MBP and am constantly on the go so I thought this would be a perfect solution.

Upon receiving the unit and installing the driver I've had the missing log-in issues as well as Flash crash as well as Numbers and certain Photoshop features. I didn't go through every single program because those were enough for me to warrant this monitor pretty much useless.

Please update the status on OS support for as now I'm on the fence about returning the monitor or waiting for the driver update but upon reading the forum support I'm not so optimistic.

cmwade77
10-19-2012, 06:17 PM
I recently purchased a Lenovo ThinkVision LT1421 14" Widescreen LED Monitor mainly because it seemed like Macs were fully supported via your driver. I use a MBP and am constantly on the go so I thought this would be a perfect solution.

Upon receiving the unit and installing the driver I've had the missing log-in issues as well as Flash crash as well as Numbers and certain Photoshop features. I didn't go through every single program because those were enough for me to warrant this monitor pretty much useless.

Please update the status on OS support for as now I'm on the fence about returning the monitor or waiting for the driver update but upon reading the forum support I'm not so optimistic.
My suggestion would be return the monitor and get a traditional monitor. If it is the only monitor you are connecting, get the DisplayPort adapter and use it. This actually gives you the most flexibility down the road. Granted, they don't usually run off of USB power (but there are some that will).

jdeuce77
10-19-2012, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the suggestion~!
I'll definitely look into that.