PDA

View Full Version : ML 10.8.2, DisplayLink V1.8 - Many ongoing issues.

blaugh
10-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Before updated to ML I had absolutely no issues with my setup (MB Pro, late 2011 w/ henge docks and two external monitors - one via displayport, the other through a Diamond BVU195).

Since updating I have had nothing but problems. Mostly small annoying issues. I leave my machine running so that CrashPlan can manage my backups overnight and just switch off my monitors. Before this was never an issue. Now when I switch the monitors on in the morning none of my window positions are recalled. I have 4 different desktops running with multiple windows on both monitors. It is super annoying to have to reconfigure my whole setup every time I come back to my computer.

My backgrounds also seem to be forgotten at random times. Currently I'm getting a 1440x900 chunk of my background on the monitor powered by the BVU195 that won't go away without a reboot (see screenshot).

The display connected via BVU195 also randomly goes black, then comes on after 5-20 seconds.

These are small yet extremely frustrating issues that I hope will be resolved in the next release, whenever the hell you guys get around to it.