PDA

View Full Version : Dell XPS Ultra Book

csw
09-11-2012, 04:25 PM
I've had a Dell XPS 13 Ultra book running with the ACP70USZ for almost two months. Randomly yesterday morning the display portion of the ACP70USZ stopped working. I looked under the device manager and I don't see anything regarding the Display. The keyboard and other devices hooked up to the ACP70USZ do work, just not the display.

I ran the DisplayLink diag and it said it couldn't detect and DisplayLink product on the computer.

I've made sure I've updated to the latest versions of USB3 drivers and Display Link.

If I had another USB3 laptop, I would try the DisplayLink on that to try and narrow down if it's a hardware issue or a issue with the XPS 13 ultrabook. I've noticed on the forum a lot of XPS 13 users are having problems also. I've tried just about everything recommended in other posts. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attached is the diag zip results...

Thanks!

As I was typing this I found a 7.0 version of DisplayLink. I will go try that... I've been using 6.3 and also tried the BETA version of 7.x (can't remember the x)... Neither worked so I'm doubtful for 7.0 to work. I will update the thread after trying.

csw
09-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Update: I tried using DisplayLink 7.0 and no luck...

karel
09-13-2012, 10:48 AM
For whatever it is worth: I had a lot of problems with Displaylink adapters connected to USB3 ports on Dell. What reduced the problem significantly, but not completely is the following: Look for anything under USB3 in Device manager, and where the option is available, disable power management. Same in the Start menu, look for the USB3 utility, on Dell usually Renesas, and disable power management.

To get the display going again, what I usually do until it works, is unplug, plug in the USB DIsplaylink device until it works again. Give it some time after re-plug in. And keep an eye on the notification area for any message saying device not recognised. If that happens, reboot.

I always get it going after a few times. Once the Displaylink icon is back in the system tray, you may have to again extend the monitors that do not dispay.

Karel

csw
09-19-2012, 06:25 PM
Update: We ended up getting a new docking station and it works properly. The unit we had became defective.