PDA

View Full Version : Screen draw,random black screen and wake issues

scuffe82
08-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Hi,
I'm currently using 2 iogear branded display link devices connected to my early 2012 macbook pro. (i7,HD6750) I've been having a few different issues with the displays connected to the adapters. They are running a 24 inch dell @ 1920x1080 and a 21 inch dell @ 1600x1200. The third display is running from the thunderbolt display port adapter (24 inch dell @ 1920x1200) i also sometimes have the laptop lid open since it seems to help sometimes (native screen @ 1680x1050). The issues don't always happen to both display adapters it seems to happen more to the larger display.

1)when the system wakes the displays sometimes turn on sometimes not. I can unplug them and plug them back in and the displays come back as expected. I see some posts about this in the forums so i switched to a powered USB hub to connect the adapters to today to see if that helps the issue.

2)Sometimes the displays just go black, replugging the adapter resolves the issue. The attached logs are from an issue when the large display went black. i grabbed the logs while it was still black.

3)sometime the displays don't draw/update. If i move the mouse over onto the screen i will see it update correctly, but if i drag a window i will not draw the window on the new screen. sometimes if i drag it and drop it after a while it will draw but sometimes i have to replug the adapter to get it back.

Any suggestions would be welcome!!

Thanks!