PDA

View Full Version : 10.7.4 with 1.8 Blank Monitor after wake

mcwsky09
08-04-2012, 03:38 AM
I have been experiencing a blank monitor when wake from sleep or screen saver. Not every time - and sometimes I can get it back by simply changing the resolution on that monitor and back again - or by unplugging the USB port and replugging it. Often I have to reboot the system to get it back.

This system is a MacBook Pro early 2012 currently at Mac OS X 10.7.4 (can't update till IT says OK) - connected to a BookEdnz Dock with a Thunderbolt to DVI monitor with the DisplayLink used for a 3rd monitor which is rotated.

I also use DisplayLink on a MacBook Pro 2011 with Mac OS X 10.8.0 which is also on a BookEndz Dock and also has a Mini Display Port to DVI and the DisplayLink for the third monitor. that monitor is dual attached to an iMac Core2 Duo with Mac OS X 10.6.8. I have not noticed the issue on the other two systems (yet).

Not sure if it would make any difference if I gathered the data while the issue was occurring but I can if that would help.

Turns out the problem was the monitor. About a year ago I replaced the capacitors on the DC board - apparently my soldering skills leave something to be desired - I resoldered all the capacitors on the DC board using my new soldering iron and the problem is gone.