PDA

View Full Version : Kernel Panics on 10.8 GM

jdorseydesign
07-11-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm running OS X 10.8 GM and getting kernel panics when I wake my Macbook Pro and I believe it's related to the display link driver.

I've attached the kernel panic.

I also notice the DisplayLinkManager has been crashing a lot, I'll attach crash dumps for those as well.

I also ran the displaylink info program this morning after I rebooted from the crash. I'm attaching that zip as well.

As a test, I also tried doing an kextunload on the displaylink kext. This results in an instant kernel panic. I don't know if that's expected behavior or not.

ChristianP
07-12-2012, 10:27 AM
In one of the panic logs we found this backtrace:
Kernel Extensions in backtrace
com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(2.3.4)[5D671681-D21B-3CCA-9810-B15E648C1B27]@0xffffff7f96afc000->0xffffff7f96b33fff
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.7)[8C9E06A4-13D0-33F5-A377-9E36F0ECC229]@0xffffff7f96aac000
BSD process name corresponding to current thread: WindowServer

This should be not-related to the DisplayLink driver, but since our kernel extension has dependency on the IOGraphicsFamily we can't exclude that our driver is the cause of the problem.
If you can easily replicate the issue, I will suggest to uninstall the DisplayLink driver and test the sequence that causes the panic. If you can't reproduce it anymore without the DL driver, reinstall it and retry once again the sequence.
Would be great if you can post the new kernel panics.
Could you please clearly describe the sequence to get the panic. We have a similar machine in our labs and we can try to reproduce the issue.
Thanks

jdorseydesign
07-20-2012, 05:12 PM
I've had several kernel panics when waking up my Macbook Pro from sleep while having the displaylink driver installed. For the past two days I've been running without the displaylink driver installed and I'm not having any kernel panics. So there's definitely a correlation between these panics and the DisplayLink driver when waking up my mac on 10.8.

My next step is to reinstall the driver and see if the kernel panics come back.

I'll capture all the panics I can and post them here.

A1evilboy
07-24-2012, 08:59 PM
I have a MacbookPro 15, Feb 2011 with AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics, and with the DisplayLink software installed, I experienced kernel panics everytime my computer woke from sleep. Upon clamshell opening, the login screen would show briefly, then would change to a solid gray screen, followed immediately by the GSOD prompting me to restart my computer due to a problem. I have no captured kernel panic data, other than a description of the issue.

After uninstalling the DisplayLink Mac 1.8 Alpha 1 software, the computer woke from sleep normally. Upon reinstallation of said software package, sleep problem was reproducible. Immediately upon uninstallation, computer slept and woke as normal.

r2xj
07-25-2012, 09:17 PM
I also experience this same issue.

ChristianP
07-26-2012, 09:17 AM
Thanks for your reports. Could you please collect debug information with this tool http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 and post the zip file? Thanks for your help in solving this issue.

ryansch
07-28-2012, 02:35 PM
I've been having kernel panics on Mountain Lion as well.

I'm attaching the output from your debug tool, a crash log from DisplayLinkManager, and 2 panic reports.

JustinM
07-29-2012, 02:56 AM
I can definitely tell you this software causes 10.8 Mountain Lion to Kernal Panic (Crash) when sleep/wake, switching monitors. :( I go from just to macbook pro 13 display to using 2 20'' displays, in closed lid mode, which will either work or crash, whenever switching between the two methods.

Carlo
07-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Thank you ryansh for the information. We're looking into the issue.

If anyone else is experiencing this kernel panic, please mention or attach the following information:
- The use case (what you need to do to invoke the problem)
- Your Mac model
- The output of the kernel panic window

(The output from the debug tool always helps too..)

Many thanks!
Carlo

jeff-y
07-31-2012, 12:06 AM
I got the Gray SOD today when waking my computer. I haven't tried to reproduce the problem, but here's my use case.

Mid 2012 MacBook Air Mountain Lion clean install

1) unplugged my computer in clamshell mode from my apartment
2) took my computer and my DisplayLink adapter to work
3) plugged in my computer and DisplayLink adapter (still in clamshell mode) to different monitors
4) GSOD!

Thanks!
-Jeff

cwasmer
07-31-2012, 01:53 AM
Exactly the same problem here:

unplugged both external 24" Monitors at work (MBP running), put it in sleep mode
opened it at home, saw the login screen for about 0.5s then SOD, restart.

I guess I'll uninstall it for now, as this is not acceptable for me. I have lots of windows open and that don't restore on restart.

ryansch
07-31-2012, 04:15 PM
This is my use case.

1. Use 2 external monitors at my office. One plugged in via DisplayPort the other via DisplayLink.
2. Unplug monitors and all other peripherals and close the lid to put the laptop to sleep.
3. Take laptop to another location without peripherals and open it to work.
4. Kernel panic.

This has happened every single time I've done this (3 times now).

tawman
07-31-2012, 10:21 PM
I have had a number of kernel panics since upgrading to Mac OS X 10.8 last week, but the others seemed to be magic mouse related.

The kernel panic today occurred while running Parallels Desktop for Mac v8 beta in Coherence mode. I was resizing a Chrome for Windows on the external monitor driven by Displaylink when Gray SOD halted productivity.

Zip attachment with Displaylink Tool Info. I am running the July 2, 2012 driver.

beren1hand
07-31-2012, 11:19 PM
I am having the same issue. Intermittently, when waking from sleep, the system will reboot itself and give me a grey kernel panic screen. I have confirmed that this behavior disappears when DisplayLink 1.8 driver is uninstalled

System: Macbook Pro 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

I can't get the information off of the panic window, because it goes away pretty quickly, but it seems like a generic error message.

zcrow
07-31-2012, 11:30 PM
Maybe it might be worth removing OS X Mountain Lion compatibility from the driver download page until this issue is resolved so others don't run into unexpected problems. If I would have known I might have issues, then I would have held off upgrading to Mountain Lion until a new driver was built.

Dracnath
08-01-2012, 01:59 PM
Hi Display Link Team. I too am having this issue on an Early 2011 15" MacBookPro 10.8. At this point do you have enough to identify the issue or would you like more debug info?

travipross
08-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Model: Mid 2009 13" MacBook Pro

To reproduce:
1. put laptop to sleep at home (clamshell)
2. wake laptop next day at work, while plugging into monitor (via mini displayport - VGA adapter, not a USB)
3. shows desktop briefly, then says "your computer needed to restart because of a problem". Upon restart, kernel panic window appears.

I'm not able to run the debug tool currently as I'm away from my macbook.

alexkli
08-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Problems here as well.

- Mac OS X 10.8 on MacBook Pro, 15-inch, Mid-2010
- with the latest DisplayLink driver 1.8 for mac
- after waking up the mac from sleep
- CPU runs at 100%, system becomes very unresponsive until it freezes (but fans spin at full speed)

- a crash log for DisplayLinkManager was created (attached)
- also attached debug tool output

A1evilboy
08-01-2012, 05:26 PM
So after my previous post I see many people are experiencing the exact same issue and step needed to reproduce the problem. It seems using the external video adapter at one location, followed by leaving that location with the Mac in sleep, followed by opening the Mac at another location sans DisplayLink peripherals results in the Gray Screen Of Death. Please let me know when there's a solution, as this extra monitor on my desk is teasing me until I feel safe enough to use it again.

cwasmer
08-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Two days ago I uninstalled the displaylink driver due to this issue and there was not a single kernel panic since then (before I had at least one per day). So I guess this pretty much confirms that the panics are related to the driver.

I'm very much looking forward to an update that fixes this issue - just having a black screen to my left all day now...

zcrow
08-01-2012, 10:15 PM
And mine is to my right :)

gonzalomateo
08-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Same problem here using 10.8 Mountain Lion. I'm getting kernel panics. This is unacceptable. You should remove compatibility with Mountain Lion in your web page since this problem is solved.

Hope you can fix this problem soon.

wadel1
08-02-2012, 04:03 PM
This causes a panic on my 15" MBP i5 everytime it wakes from sleep after having the display adapter connected. Please get this resolved ASAP!

fnegrin
08-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Yes, as I have said on the other thread related to this issue, I have the same problem. Since upgrading to mountain lion and upgrading the display link driver to the latest version I can no longer let my 15 inch macbook pro (late 2011)go into sleep mode because it simply shuts down after a while and on restart it tells me there was a problem that caused the shutdown......

When my mac is not on mains power this is a huge problem and has caused me to lose unsaved work etc.....

I also have uninstalled the driver and the problem has vanished, returning as soon as I reinstalled the driver.....

Please help!

jmoz
08-02-2012, 11:45 PM
I am also having the same issue on a mid-2012 Macbook Air (11") using the 1.8 driver on ML. The problem is very repeatable:
My DisplayLink device is connected to a USB on the back of my Thunderbolt Display. When I remove the computer, the next time I wake it up, it tells me it has restarted because of a crash. This happens 100% of the time.

I was wondering:
1) Whether DL has found the problem,
2) If so, what the estimated time until correction might be,
3) Whether this is something which is actually bad for my computer, or if I should just deal with it in the meantime. (I'd prefer not to uninstall the driver, and I haven't lost anything because I always save everything before I undock, but I also don't want to be creating new problems.)

Thanks!

bernier
08-07-2012, 04:07 AM
It seems like the driver crashes because of displaylink's hardware acceleration. I've noticed that in Windows 7 on the same machine, videos (e.g. netflix) become really choppy and usually unplayable. On Mac, the videos are fluid. Seems to me like the Mac side is hw accelerated and the driver/usb connection has trouble keeping up. Then again, I have no clue but thought that this might be a potential cause.

unusedusername
08-07-2012, 05:32 AM
I have the exact same issue. Crash after every sleep.

I have 2 setups for the monitors, one at home and one at work. This is a crash from when I'm at work with 2 USB monitors attached.

I've attached the kernel stack trace.

So after my previous post I see many people are experiencing the exact same issue and step needed to reproduce the problem. It seems using the external video adapter at one location, followed by leaving that location with the Mac in sleep, followed by opening the Mac at another location sans DisplayLink peripherals results in the Gray Screen Of Death. Please let me know when there's a solution, as this extra monitor on my desk is teasing me until I feel safe enough to use it again.

Actually if I sleep the machine, unplug from display link hardware, plug back into displaylink hardware and wake up the crash still happens.

I've got 2 external monitors at work and one at home that I guess I either have to not use, or get used to rebooting.

Also it seems that the "messages" app has very odd things going on with its fonts if used on the external monitor.

jmoz
08-07-2012, 06:32 PM
As a temporary solution, unplugging the USB of the DL device before undocking seems to prevent the crash. Still, the lack of response from DL is getting to be a bit troubling.

alexkli
08-07-2012, 07:50 PM
Hi everyone,

I tried to contact displaylink support via "Ask a question" (http://displaylink.com/support/readme.php) on the support page to make them aware of this issue and this thread. However, the submit only results in a blank page. So I sent them a tweet:

https://twitter.com/alexkli/status/232911450417532929

Alex

jmoz
08-08-2012, 12:09 AM
As a temporary solution, unplugging the USB of the DL device before undocking seems to prevent the crash. Still, the lack of response from DL is getting to be a bit troubling.

And I spoke (typed?) too soon- another crash even though I had unplugged the DL device before undocking.

alexkli
08-08-2012, 01:01 AM
I tried to contact displaylink support via "Ask a question" (http://displaylink.com/support/readme.php) on the support page to make them aware of this issue and this thread. However, the submit only results in a blank page. So I sent them a tweet:

https://twitter.com/alexkli/status/232911450417532929

Actually that was stupid. Their twitter looks dead (last tweet from April). And there were already official replies (http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showpost.php?p=7332&postcount=9) in this thread, they just seem to be quiet for a week now. What makes me wonder is all the "0 views" on the uploaded zip files with analysis information...

unusedusername
08-08-2012, 03:15 AM
What makes me wonder is all the "0 views" on the uploaded zip files with analysis information...

I'm guessing that this is so easy to reproduce that they didn't need the diagnostic info.

twokansamm
08-08-2012, 02:10 PM
I had 1.8A installed when I did the mountain lion upgrade. WHen I went to try to uninstall the application, it said it wasn't there. So I found a folder that ML created called Incompatible Software. It had DisplayLink in there and I deleted the folder and file that were in there. I was still getting the error, so I installed 1.8 the actual release from their website and rebooted, then uninstalled it thinking that would clean up anything that was left.

My question is, how would I be able to tell if there were any remnants from the 1.8A that I installed? I am not sure where all the files are installed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris

Carlo
08-09-2012, 07:46 AM
The bundle in /System/Library/Extensions has already been moved by the ML installer, this removes all active software.
You may be left with files in /Library/Application Support/DisplayLink; /Applications/DisplayLink; /Library/LunchAgents/com.displaylink.something; /Library/LunchDaemons/com.displaylink.something

Carlo

jamesb480
08-10-2012, 10:37 AM
It is really frustrating situation , when I herad about your problem. i have also faced the same problem Kernel panic Mac error. The main reason for Kernel panic Mac error is harware failure , amlware infection. With the help od recovrey I would be able to solve my problem.

http://www.kernelpanicmac.com

tawman
08-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Latest is a long list of DisplayLink driver grief with 10.8 Mountain Lion :mad:

monxoom
08-10-2012, 05:28 PM
my debug info is attached.

taylorjared
08-11-2012, 12:24 AM
After quite a bit of research (http://blog.avatron.com/post/28135386805/kernel-panics-mountain-lion-and-bluetooth), I found (at least for me) that its not the Display Link drivers causing the problem. Its the bluetooth devices (ie mouse or trackpad) that aren't in range or available when the computer is awoken from sleep. I have just got in the habit of turning off my bluetooth (disconnecting the trackpad) when I undock (unplug from the externals, hubs, and DL) and go mobile. I have been doing this for days, and haven't had the kernel panic freakout upon awaking from sleep outside of the office.

I hope this helps some of you, its caused temporarily relief for me.

unusedusername
08-11-2012, 01:26 AM
After quite a bit of research (http://blog.avatron.com/post/28135386805/kernel-panics-mountain-lion-and-bluetooth), I found (at least for me) that its not the Display Link drivers causing the problem.

I do use a bluetooth mouse at work, but not at home. If this were the only problem then I would only have crashes when going from work to home, but I have them in both directions.

This may be a problem, but I don't think it is the only problem.

zcrow
08-11-2012, 04:02 AM
After quite a bit of research (http://blog.avatron.com/post/28135386805/kernel-panics-mountain-lion-and-bluetooth), I found (at least for me) that its not the Display Link drivers causing the problem. Its the bluetooth devices (ie mouse or trackpad) that aren't in range or available when the computer is awoken from sleep. I have just got in the habit of turning off my bluetooth (disconnecting the trackpad) when I undock (unplug from the externals, hubs, and DL) and go mobile. I have been doing this for days, and haven't had the kernel panic freakout upon awaking from sleep outside of the office.

I hope this helps some of you, its caused temporarily relief for me.

Might be one of many issues. I have an iMac that gives me kernel panics when it goes to sleep and then automatically restarts. Bluetooth is on and the computer doesn't get moved.

The lack of news from the Display Link folks is very frustrating and not very professional.

spuky
08-13-2012, 09:05 PM
I was experiencing the same issues and just deinstalled the displaylink driver...

But since apple has usb as one of the focus regions of 10.8.1 dev release. I gave the displaylink driver another spin.. and been using it for the last two days without a kernelpanic

ryansch
08-14-2012, 12:08 AM
I followed the instructions in the airdisplay blog and did NOT get a panic when I resumed from sleep.

My workaround:
1. Prepare to sleep by unplugging external peripherals.
2. Turn off bluetooth.
3. Close lid and suspend.
4. Open lid at another location.
5. Do not have a panic. Get work done!

Wim
08-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Hi All

We have been trying to reproduce this issue, and it seems to be connected to having a bluetooth device connected to the Mac. We're going to try and reproduce with bluetooth devices.

This means that it is not actually caused by the DisplayLink software, but something in the Mountain Lion OS. And it looks like Apple have fixed it in 10.8.1 OS update.

Hopefully this OS update will fix the issue...

Wim

cshbell
08-14-2012, 11:46 PM
This means that it is not actually caused by the DisplayLink software, but something in the Mountain Lion OS. And it looks like Apple have fixed it in 10.8.1 OS update.

Good to hear. Thanks for the update!

monxoom
08-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Nothing is fixed in 10.8.1! This OS update doesn't adress ANY bluetooth-related problems.

Just curious: You (DisplayLink) needed more than two weeks just to find out your driver issues are related to bluetooth? Someone stated that already. At the beginning of the whole 10.8-discussion. Hilarious. If it wouldn't be a PITA.

MLombard
08-17-2012, 03:39 PM
I was facing this exact same problem and I confirm after upgrading to 10.8.1 everything IS FIXED with no more occurrences in past 3 days!

ShephardMedia
08-18-2012, 08:43 PM
I've had this device in use for some time on my PC. When purchased it didn't have supported software for MAC. Sometime after getting my MacBook Pro in 2006 I decided to see if there had been any compatible software released. It wasn't until today that I found that although this device had been discontinued and replaced with an upgraded hardware version, Atlona now listed Apple MAC compatible DisplayLink software and drivers for Snow Leopard 10.6.2. During the installation process the system was required to be rebooted a few times without issues. After the driver install the "system tray" at the top (still PC minded) showed the correct icon for this device manager. The DisplayLink software installed without problems and rebooted automatically. The USB device was never inserted until this point at which I received the GSOD kernal panic curtain and my heart sank deeply since I just lost my desktop PC to system failure just a few days ago (which I hope I'll have the solution to in the mail soon ;-). I rebooted with the USB device and I got an even worse kernal panic screen I'd never seen, no curtain drawn. So, I removed the device and rebooted and as you can see it's working since I'm online. I haven't tried turning off the bluetooth and inserting the device yet because I wanted to see check for online help first since I have only this computer working now ;-(

Sorry for the book, but I've read through this entire forum post and the end of it says that it seems it's related to the bluetooth USB and that a Mtn Lion release update cures the issue.

Question: my MacBook 2006 is too old to upgrade to Mtn Lion....does anyone and/or DL/TS have any information that a fix is possible for Snow Leopard 10.6.2? ...or other? ANY help from ANYone would be GREATLY appreciated!

Audra

Carlo
08-19-2012, 08:49 AM
Question: my MacBook 2006 is too old to upgrade to Mtn Lion....does anyone and/or DL/TS have any information that a fix is possible for Snow Leopard 10.6.2? ...or other? ANY help from ANYone would be GREATLY appreciated!

The issue has been introduced by Apple in 10.8: 10.6.x is not affected.

Carlo

odyth
08-22-2012, 06:49 AM
I have the same problem as well. I have a brand new mac book retina and had no issues on lion. Once I upgraded to mountain lion every few times i unplug my thunderbolt display my mac book GSOD. is there any fix other than uninstall display link or downgrade to lion?

tawman
08-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Odyth, I have been watching the news on the pending Mac OS X 10.8.1 release and the known issues with Thunderbolt displays is a core area of focus. The second build of 10.8.1 has already been seeded to developers and I hope it is ready for GA soon.

Apple failed miserably with quality control and testing for the 10.8 release. The fact that turning off my Apple Magic Mouse (any bluetooth device) after sleeping my MBP causes a GSOD was known as far back as last year. You can search for many of these GSOD issues on developer forums when 10.8 was still pre-released.

I hope this is not indicative of a post Steve Jobs Apple.

macalien
08-23-2012, 01:04 AM
I'm having same issues. Macbook pro running mountain lion. upon wakeup kernel panic -> crash -> restart.
I uninstalled driver. no issues. Definitely DisplayLink driver.

Hope it's fixed soon.

monxoom
08-24-2012, 07:48 AM
Hate to say it, but this problem still exists, even after 10.8.1 upgrade.

I hope you guys have done something in the meantime so we soon can use our displaylink products again without the fear of losing data everytime the kernel panics :mad:

Carlo
08-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Monxsoom,
It's possible for this to be a different issue. Are you using Bluetooth devices? In case, have you tried the workaround in this thread?
Otherwise, please post the kernel panic details.

Cheers,
Carlo

steverod
08-27-2012, 12:19 AM
For what it's worth, disabling bluetooth has ended my crash on restart. Which is an annoying problem since I use a Magic Trackpad and have had to fall back to a (bad) mouse...

monxoom
08-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Hi Carlo,

thanks for your reply. I've posted a crash dump before, but will submit a new one if needed.

Yes, I have bluetooth and have it turned on all the time (Magic Mouse in my office and home, too).

Though something strange happened today. I forgot to turn bluetooth off as I headed to work. As I was there and opened my MBP, everything was fine. No panic, nothing. Same thing when I came home. Weird. I've installed 10.8.1 and the crash was definitely there, no matter if I restarted or ran the disk utility or whatnot.

Will observe it further ...

Pughs
08-28-2012, 04:59 PM
I have a 27" iMac running a 2nd 27" Apple LED Cinema display (display port) and a 23" LG IPS display driven by a Diamond USB to DVI with Display Link Chipset. When the computer wakes in the morning the display link screen will not wake, Detect Displays did not see it so I tried unplugging the USB cable and plugging into a different port since this can cause it to be recognized.
Complete system lock followed and even with everything unplugged it will not boot. This happened last week and I did not put it together that the DL driver was the issue. Went to Apple store, they said somehow FIPS mode was enabled (something about data encryption) and it was preventing the system from booting. Complete wipe and restore. This morning same issue, unplug and replug complete lock and now it will not boot again.

I can not tell you how many hours (though over 20) I have waiting for restores for an issue related to your driver and chipset. Running 10.8.1 and now 10.8

alexkli
08-29-2012, 09:05 PM
I do have a bluetooth magic mouse so that fits the description.

But more importantly, I just installed 10.8.1, which seems to fix the issue. (Quickly tried once only, but it always happened for me before. Will report if it comes up again).

odyth
09-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Odyth, I have been watching the news on the pending Mac OS X 10.8.1 release and the known issues with Thunderbolt displays is a core area of focus. The second build of 10.8.1 has already been seeded to developers and I hope it is ready for GA soon.

Apple failed miserably with quality control and testing for the 10.8 release. The fact that turning off my Apple Magic Mouse (any bluetooth device) after sleeping my MBP causes a GSOD was known as far back as last year. You can search for many of these GSOD issues on developer forums when 10.8 was still pre-released.

I hope this is not indicative of a post Steve Jobs Apple.

I updated to 10.8.1 and still have the problem. I will try disabling my bluetooth prior to unplugging as I also have a magic mouse and bluetooth keyboard. I will post back in a few days if that seems to solve it.

alexkli
09-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Ah, no, still happens with 10.8.1, but this time no crash, only a DisplayLinkManager and the kernel process running constantly at 100% or more and a black display link screen. Had to restart (warm).

alexkli
09-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Damn, I still get the issue (100% CPU, mouse moves, but system doesn't react anymore) with 10.8.2.

Am I the only one left?

cmwade77
09-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Damn, I still get the issue (100% CPU, mouse moves, but system doesn't react anymore) with 10.8.2.

Am I the only one left?

I had this issue for about a day and then Apple released new firmware for my Mac and all has been well since. So, I would say make sure your firmware is up to date.

alexkli
09-26-2012, 06:28 AM
There is no firmware update (MBP 15-inch Mid-2010 here).

sofian
10-09-2012, 07:30 PM
I had the same GSOD when connecting DVI cable to a Thunderbolt port in my MBP with Retina, running 10.8.2 with latest update as of 10/6/2012. I had a call with AppleCare and followed their suggestion below which fixed the issue:

Go to Applications > Disk Utility > Macintosh HD, click ‘Verify Disk Permissions’ and click ‘Repair Disk Permissions’. Restart.

Hope that helps.

ISDNO
11-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Hey guys,

Just did a clean install from 10.6.8 where I had some random crashes, updated to 10.8.2 and now I am experiencing some Gray screens that don't treat me nicely.

Since I did experience crashes in the old install, I might have some other issue. How ever, the crash logs indicate that DL might have a hand, or at least report something on the issue.

I've attached the System information and the crash dumps.

I got the crashes at three different times. I did clean install today, I did a 8x erase of the disk before reinstall.

I had just booted the computer for the first time. Changed security settings so I could install display link driver, worked fine.
Before I did the reboot that the installation requires I did the System Update from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2 and then rebooted.

Then after logon, I tried to download Citrix Receiver, it crashed when i clicked "Download Citrix Receiver". and then again just when I had written my password to log back on after bootup.

I have a trackpad, connected through bluetooth, which might have a hand in this, as stated above. You have how ever listed the issue as solved on your page for 10.8.1 http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=333

Thanks in advance!

ISDNO
11-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Well well, I just did a fresh install on a different MBP.
This mac is currently in 10.8.1, worked fine for about a week, haven't had anything connected since I got it.

Now to test out my problem on my main machine I did the following.

1. Installed the Bluetooth trackpad.
2. Installed the Display Link Mac drivers.
3. Rebooted the machine.
4. Once I got to the logon screen I connected the USB-DisplayLink and Mini-DP.
- Boom, crash.

I have attached the logs from that machine in this post.

My guess would be the trackpad is still causing some issues.
I have solved this temporary for myself by setting up Synergy and use the mouse and keyboard from my PC.

Would have liked to use the trackpad and mac keyboard in windows though :)