PDA

View Full Version : Changing "fixed" resolution in DisplayLink controller?

Chocochan
04-28-2012, 08:23 PM
Hello.

I've been trying to get a response to this question for over a week now and despite emailing DisplayLink about it I got no response. I've googled and googled and come up with nothing, so I've finally decided to register hoping someone can at least point me in the right direction? Here's a copy of what I wrote to DisplayLink:

"Hello there.
I recently purchased a LCD graphics tablet (like a Wacom Cintiq, but cheaper). However it wasn't very good despite costing me a lot, so I was hoping to take components from it and build something better. I managed to get hold of a really good 10.1" LCD panel (AUO B101EW05 V0. datasheet is attached) and connected it up to the DisplayLink controller shown in the attachment.

While it works, the display has a black border at the bottom of the screen and the LED backlight is a bit too bright. The AUO B101EW05 V0 is known to have good viewing angles (used in the Motorola Xoom) and I have confirmed this, but the DisplayLink controller seems to make it too bright and when you view it at different angles, it goes white (Note: This seems to have fixed itself a bit, so the main issues are the resolution and power source). My question is can the resolution of the DisplayLink controller be changed to match the LCD panel? It is currently "locked" at 1366 x 768 while the LCD panel I want to use is 1280 x 800. Also, is there a way to get it to run directly from USB (even as a Y cable?)? It is plugged into another board which does have a USB connector on it and is powered by a rechargeable battery, but I want to use the DisplayLink controller on its own.

I'd really like to get this to work as the tablet cost me so much in the first place and I'm hoping to at least get something useful out of it and perhaps build a homemade Cintiq using a Wacom graphics tablet. Please respond as soon as you are able as I am really desperate. Thanks for taking the time to read this."

I added an image of the the controller board and a PDF datasheet of the LCD pane to the email in the hopes DisplayLink might have some idea of what I could do. I can't find a decent 1366 x 768 10.1" panel, so I'm hoping I can find some workaround for this. If anybody has any suggestions on at least unlocking the resolution, I'd love to hear it. I've never really come across anything like this before. A picture of the board is attached. Hope it will make what I want easier to understand.