PDA

View Full Version : Non-moving videos on remote monitors

ferg1961
04-14-2012, 12:40 AM
I have 3 different laptops, two different wide-screen monitors, and 4 different universal docking stations. NONE OF THESE COMBINATIONS WORK!!!
The equipment I have is:

Toshiba Satelite A205-S4577 running Windows Vista Home Premium
Toshiba Satelite P755-S5390 running Windows 7 Professional (64 bit)
HP ProBook 4520s running Windows 7 Professional (32 bit)

Viewsonic VX2450 Monitor at 1920 X 1080 resolution connected via DVI
Acer P236H Monitor at 1920 X 1080 resolution connected via VGA

Toshiba DynaDock U # PA 3541U-2PRP with VGA output
Toshiba DynaDock U # PA 3575U-1PRP with VGA and DVI output
Toshiba DynaDock U3.0 # PA 3927U-1PRP with DVI and HDMI output
Targus ACP70USZ with DVI and HDMI output

The action is the same, no matter how I connect any of the above components. All I am trying to do is use the large screen monitor with the laptop, instead of the built in screen. By the way, both monitors work great when plugged directly in to the laptop monitor port (any vombination). What happens when I go through the docking station is, the video is displayed, but there is no motion on the screen. This means you cannot scroll through a menu screen, you cannot enter type in a selection box, you cannot watch a
WMV video. The only way to up-date the display on the external monitor is to "grab" the window with the mouse and either keep it in constant motion, or "dock" it aganist the top edge of the display and keep it there with the mouse button pressed.

I find it hard to believe that anyone as large as Toshiba or Best Buy (Targus unit) can continue to sell a piece of equipment which absolutely DOES NOT WORK! The Geek Squad at Best Buy told me it appears to be a driver problem from DisplayLink, since they could not find any reason why it should not work.

As you can see from the above, I am very frustrated with this situation, and would welcome any solution that might be available.