PDA

View Full Version : Re-pairing transmitter and receiver after reboot

surfer45
03-29-2012, 03:16 AM
I am using windows 7 premium. I have installed the latest driver from the site and paired the transmitter and receiver. everything works well. If I reboot the computer or unplug the transmitter and plug it in again it does not re-pair automatically. I can run the pairing tool again each time and I can get them to pair again. I always have to push the button on the bottom of the receiver each time as part of the re-pairing. I contacted Imation and they indicated that this was a known issue with the device and windows 7. Is this normal when using this device with windows 7? If so is there a planned date to release the updated software?

Essam
03-29-2012, 05:26 PM
I have the same problem. I have three devices in different environment at home and at work. All suffer the same problem. I am looking for a script to run at the windows startup to enforce pairing.

Wim
03-30-2012, 10:36 AM
The wireless link is not provided by DisplayLink and is not part of our software. We just provide the video chip in this product. This would need to be supported by the product manufacturer, rather than us.

Wim

surfer45
04-02-2012, 12:46 AM
The wireless link is not provided by DisplayLink and is not part of our software. We just provide the video chip in this product. This would need to be supported by the product manufacturer, rather than us.

Wim

I guess the confusion comes from Imation using a link on their site to your website as a location to get software updates. It made me think that the software was from your company not Imation. i guess the software on your site is only to support the video chip and not the overall operation.

Wim
04-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Yes - that's right. Our driver is only for the video chip. The wireless link is from a company called Alereon (http://www.alereon.com/), but they don't seem to have any drivers on their website, so best to go through Imation.

Wim