PDA

View Full Version : Display Link not working after install

Justin Blanchard
03-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Hi,
The install seems to go fine but there is no icon in the tray, and the LED on the unit only flickers for less that a second. I am running XP SP3 and the software, service, and device are all installed/detected. The PID in the hardware ids area is 0360. I tried another USB port (not using a hub) another cable and another display adapter (bought 2). The model number on the unit is UG17D1. I have attached the output from the support tool. Do not know what else to try. Thanks for any and all help.

hietebere
03-31-2012, 09:37 PM
i have same product and picture displayed on screen is very bad.
its seems redraw twice or more a time.
i dont know whats happens??
is it a hardware or software problem?

MarkM
06-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Hi,
The install seems to go fine but there is no icon in the tray, and the LED on the unit only flickers for less that a second. I am running XP SP3 and the software, service, and device are all installed/detected. The PID in the hardware ids area is 0360. I tried another USB port (not using a hub) another cable and another display adapter (bought 2). The model number on the unit is UG17D1. I have attached the output from the support tool. Do not know what else to try. Thanks for any and all help.

I am having a very similar problem. The fact that no one has addessed this makes me think it really does not work under XP (at least not consistently).

Anyone willing to help?

Justin Blanchard
06-20-2012, 03:21 PM
I am having a very similar problem. The fact that no one has addessed this makes me think it really does not work under XP (at least not consistently).

Anyone willing to help?

I found a "fix", for lack of a better term, that worked for me but I have no idea why or how it worked. I decided to give the iPad software a try to see if that would even work. I installed it while still having the software for the USB display adapter installed. That made both the iPad and the USB adapter function properly with one exception: Switching from "extend" mode the "mirror" causes nothing to display on either device and you cannot switch it back without an uninstall\ re-install. VMMV but it is worth a try.

MarkM
06-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Thanks Justin. If this was my personal unit I might consider it. Unfortunately we are looking at these for a corporate deployment. We have a mixed environment of XP/Win7. Win7 seems to work almost all the time. XP is working none of the time.

If I cannot get it working today I'm going to pass the bad news up the chain. I have already invested multiple days on something that should take an hour.

Justin Blanchard
06-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Well you might try just using the software for the iPad. I think they are the same but there seems to be a problem with the service that gets installed with the installer that is labeled for the USB adapter. However, let me give you one other piece of information to consider. The refresh rate is slow I use the second monitor for email only so it doesn't bother me but if I try to play video it is un-watchable. I do not know if that is an XP only issue or not. What has been your experience with Windows 7?

MarkM
06-20-2012, 07:04 PM
Hi Justin,

No joy on that either. At least I see the tray icon now. I just have no devices to actually control. USB is detected but that is it. Of course nothing has changed in that regard.

I installed the standard software over top of it but still no joy.

:confused: