PDA

View Full Version : alignment of background image

jacksterx01
03-27-2012, 09:03 PM
I have installed 2 added monitors with 2 Displaylink adaptors. Windows XP. All 3 monitors work. But no matter how I try to move or change the lineup of monitors, I cannot get the 3 monitors to display a triple monitor background image properly.

When the monitors are 2-1-3, #2 monitor displays what should be the far right image, while #1 shows what should be the far left image and #3 shows what should be the center image. I cannot make any monitor except #1 the primary. If I try to make #2 primary, #2 and #1 display identical screens.

Other than this, everything seems normal. The mouse travels the pointer correctly across all 3 monitors.

What's up? Thanks for any tips or suggestions.

No Waiting
04-17-2012, 02:09 PM
I have a very similar problem -

My monitors are setup 3-1-2 and everything works correctly apart from the desktop background image.

Monitor 3 shows the righthand part of the image that should be on monitor 2
Monitor 1 shows the lefthand part of the image that should be on monitor 3
Monitor 2 show the middle part of the image that should be on monitor 1

I'm using the latest DisplayLink drives and running Windows 7 Pro x64, with three idenical monitors are running at 1280x1024.

Wim
04-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Windows doesn't support multiple desktop backgrounds of different sizes on each screen. The size of the image will be set by the primary screen and then cropped or centered on the other screens.

If you want to set different images of different sizes, you can use 3rd party programs, for example Actual Multiple Monitors (http://www.displaylink.com/support/tools.php), which is offered on the DisplayLink website.

Wim

No Waiting
04-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Windows doesn't support multiple desktop backgrounds of different sizes on each screen. But as I said all my monitors are running at 1280x1024

Wim
04-18-2012, 08:30 AM
But you must have some 3rd party software installed to get a different image on each monitor. You can't do this through Windows - each screen has the same image. So this must be due to something outside the DisplayLink software and Windows.

Wim

No Waiting
04-18-2012, 12:50 PM
It's not a different image on each monitor - just one image 3840x1024 (ie one of these (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/40663/desktop-fun-triple-monitor-wallpaper-collection-series-1/)).

Then by using the "Tile" option this should then be shown in full filling all three screens - but it's not, and the image appears in a different order to the way the screens are setup - see attached screen capture!