PDA

View Full Version : Border with Windows 7 - Not with XP

HawkeyeTX
03-27-2012, 04:53 AM
I have a Diamond BVU195 that came with the 6.0 software. I have downloaded the latest 6.2.

I have a multiple boot computer and installed the Display Link software under Windows XP x32 and Windows 7 x64. Under Windows XP, on the attached monitor I can get 1440x900x32@75 and it fills the entire screen. I had to switch to a lower res and back for it to fill the entire monitor.

Under Windows 7, the display on the attached monitor , doesn't fill the entire screen. There is a approximately a one inch border around the screen. I have tried everything and nothing seems to work.

Comparing the registries, I found the Display Configuration, 1440x900x32@75 in the Current Users sections and Desktop Layouts in the Local Machine section of Windows XP that also references that the mode is 1440x900x32@75 with a position of 1280,-104. I can't find the related settings in the Windows 7 registry.

I have upgraded both with version 6.2 with the same results. Everything looks ok, as Windows sees the same thing with no issues. I am just wanting to get rid of the border under Windows 7.

Is there any way to force this. I had the monitor to do a self adjust under Win 7 with no change in the border.

I have had no the issues with some of the software I have tested so far. I just bought and installed this today. After reading reviews on the BVU195 I am very pleased with the performance and the quality on the second monitor with the device and the software. The software definately exceeds my expectations. The device is attached to a USB 2.0 port as I have hard drives on the USB 3.0 ports.

Let me know if there is anything I can try to get rid of the border under Windows 7.

Thanks,