PDA

View Full Version : Issue with DisplayLink software after rebooting

dcalliances
03-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Hi

Continuing on my previous post.

I have a desktop running on Windows 7 64 bits with a single monitor and trying to hook up 2 additional monitors. So far I only hook up 2 monitors using VGA as well as DVI. I've been trying couple options and end up buying USB to HDMI/DVI/VGA dongle from Winstar (DisplayLink).

After installing this, it works NO problem. I can see 3 monitors working nicely. However after you reboot the computer, you get the screen resolution running on 640 x 480 initially. End up with the following message:

Can not find graphic card information

followed by this:

No AMD graphics driver is installed or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate for your AMD hardware.

End up with 3rd monitor (with USB dongle) is not working so only 2 monitor working. ?!?!

For some reasons, the software is clash with the internal graphics card after installation.

The only way to fix this is by removing the Display software and reboot and the 2 screens working nicely again.

Any ideas to solve this? I am really appreciated your guidance.

My system:
Windows 7 64 Bits

Wim
03-19-2012, 08:30 AM
Can you post your log files so we can see what is happening with the driver during a reboot?

Thanks

Wim

dcalliances
03-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Hi Wim

Thanks for replying me back.

How do I find this log?

Wim
03-21-2012, 07:43 AM
The tool is here:

http://kb.displaylink.com/269

Wim

dcalliances
03-22-2012, 09:50 PM
Hi Wim

Please find the logs that you need. There are 2 logs here - DCAUSYD080_20120323_092717_after_install.zip is a log that I gathered after the installation which is I can see 3 screen working NO PROBLEM - with the right resolution.

I also provide you - DCAUSYD080_20120323_093606_after_install_then_rebo ot.zip where this is a log where after it's working and I reboot the computer and obviously I found that it couldn't find the driver for the main display card etc and end up with small resolution.

Thanks

dcalliances
04-01-2012, 07:20 AM
Any feedback or anything about this? I've submitted the logs everything.

Thanks

Wim
04-03-2014, 10:41 AM
The logs show you are using v6.1 DisplayLink software? If so this is really old and you should upgrade to the latest v7.5 M2 and see if this solves the issue first.

There have been so many changes since this release it is not worth analysing the logs further.

Wim