PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect Resolution

shaunie
03-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Hi,

I purchased a Kensington SD400V universal docking station. When I plugged in my DELL 2405 FPW external monitor I had to update the drivers from your site to get it to display at the correct resolution (1920 x 1200). However now it has reverted to the incorrect one (1280 x 1024). When I select screen resolution in windows control panel it is displayed as no monitor rather than the monitor model number. I also get the same problem if I plug it directly into the laptop using the HDMI cable - any ideas how I can fix this please?

Thanks for your help

Wim
03-14-2012, 03:13 PM
This sounds like the monitor is not reporting itself to the PC or the docking station, so we don't know the name of the monitor or the modes it supports.

I'd try with a different monitor cable as this may not connect the data lines to read the mode information from the monitor.

Wim

shaunie
03-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Thank you for your reply, tried with a VGA cable and it worked fine, does that mean HDMI is not compatible?

Wim
03-15-2012, 11:49 AM
If the same problem happens with the HDMI output of your laptop and the adapter, I think the mode information is not being sent through the HDMI cable. My guess would be that the cable is the problem

Wim