PDA

View Full Version : Redrawing Problem (ATI Radeon 4330)

ukmark19
03-07-2012, 05:06 PM
Hi,
I am having problems with my monitor connected to the display link VGA adapter.

It is connected to a USB 2.0 port via a DVI cable to my Iiyama PLE2208HDS; I have another one of these monitors connected to my HP Probook 4700s via the HDMI port (DVI to HDMI). This works fine.

When I try to play powerpoint presentations or maximise videos, e.g. YouTube, the screen goes black. In the past I have had refresh problems in other apps as well.

Here are a couple of things that I have noticed that may or may not be related:
1) Monitors (including laptop screen - I have 3 screens in total) are all shown as Generic PnP in Device Manager (I have Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit), but in the Screen resolution area where screen resolution and extension is configured recognises both my iiyama monitors and laptop screen correctly.

2) When I select the screen that is connected by the display link VGA adapter and select properties, it goes to the ATI properties.

3) The display link VGA adapter doesn't appear under Display Adapters in Device Manager. It is under USB Display adapters.

As far as I know, the ATI driver is current, although similary with the display link VGA adapter driver, the actual driver details seem to show a different date to what the release notes imply. I don't know what this is.

4) I have tried and searched for Iiyama drivers that will replace the Generic PnP in Device Manager with the proper name to no avail.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. It's a nightmare, for example when I try to watch a presentation, it goes to the display link VGA adapter and it goes black. I have to change the default monitor and I just want it to work.

I have attached the log files.

Thanks
Mark

Wim
03-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Please see this thread to solve your issue:

http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1492

Wim

ukmark19
03-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Hi Wim

I tried that recommended new driver for basic themes and it didn't work. I was actually using an aero theme as I had also read that as a recommendation on this forum too.

Anyway, I switched it back to a basic theme and the problem is slightly improved but not to a usable degree.

Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

Wim
03-09-2012, 09:48 AM
Hi

On the logs you posted, it showed that you are in basic graphics mode, which would fit with the issues you are describing.

Also, your ATI graphics show as:

Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330 (ATI Technologies Inc.)
Graphics Driver: 8.632.1.1000 Dated 2009-08-04

That driver is dated Aug 2009, which is before Windows 7 was officially released. There should be an updated driver for this card and it will probably fix some of the issues you are having. Infact, the older graphics drivers could be making the system fall back to basic rendering with DisplayLink installed, even if you have an Aero theme selected.

Wim