PDA

View Full Version : No picture on HD TV

Vince Smith
03-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Sorry if I sound stupid as I am new to this device, I have a Compaq Presario R3000 Notebook and have purchased the DisplayLink USB Display Adapter. I installed it and it seems to be working fine as I can select the USB adapter under display setting and in the task bar select mirror or extend or any of the functions but no matter what I do I still only get a blue screen on the TV and nothing else.

Has anyone got any ideas on what to try as I have uninstalled and re-installed the software but still nothing. I checked and have no ! on the device and when in properties it says it is working properly.

I am really stuck on this one and would be glad of ANY help.

Thanks

Vince Smith
03-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Sorry to keep on but this is driving me crazy .... could it be that the device is naffed ??

I have updated the driver to the newest version but still nothing!

Wim
03-15-2012, 12:29 PM
Hi

This would have been better posted under the Windows or Mac forums (depending on your OS), as sounds like a bug.

Does the adapter have an LED on it? This should usually be on, and flash off when changes are made on the screen. Does this happen when the adapter is connected and you drag windows around on the non working screen?

If so, then it sounds like a hardware problem, or the adapter is not set to a resolution that your TV supports. I'd try lower resolutions, a different monitor and a different computer to try and work out where the fault is.

Wim

adgerr
03-25-2013, 02:35 PM
When I select Mirror mode, the hdtv flashes the pc desktop and then goes black. I've updated the drivers per support, but the results are the same. In extended mode, it works fine. any ideas?

aross@rogerwoodfoods.com